News   Apr 25, 2024
 607     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 506     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 755     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I would be a lot happier if politicians just delivered transit to Toronto because we need it. I don't like the idea that it only becomes important to them when there is some external credit earned.

But if it gets the job done....

- Paul
I have not heard one single politician tying additional transit services to the 3 or 4 matches to be played in Toronto. That may change....but a big part of the United bid was that each of the cities presented was pretty much ready now to host and that they were a far more lower risk (and higher profit) proposition to host the tournament than Morocco who's bid was full of new build stadiums and infrastructure.

IMO there is much to criticize about the joint bid.....but this is not the typical mega sport bid where billions and billions of additional infrastructure is needed/promised.

I've seen tweets announcing delays due to track construction in Guelph. Good to hear this is happening. Albeit not the part that really needs upgrades, but better than nothing.

Guesses as to what impact this would have on travel times when complete?

4479 is sitting at front of the line on track 2 in the yard and will enter service Thursday am.

4480 is westbound on Queen at University Ave out for testing.

4481 is now tracking.

4480 eastbound on King and now going south on Bathurst

4480 at King and Yonge heading eastbound tonight around 10:20 PM.

20180613_221957.jpg

Attachments

• 20180613_221957.jpg
    20180613_221957.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 457
4479 enter service at 5:47 on Route 514

4480 on 509 and been out all night by the looks of it

4483 has reached Hillcrest, and the next one is ready to go at Thunder Bay.

They are starting to arrive......like streetcars.

- Paul

They are starting to arrive......like streetcars.

- Paul
That leaves 3 more by June 22.

I have not heard one single politician tying additional transit services to the 3 or 4 matches to be played in Toronto. That may change....but a big part of the United bid was that each of the cities presented was pretty much ready now to host and that they were a far more lower risk (and higher profit) proposition to host the tournament than Morocco who's bid was full of new build stadiums and infrastructure.

IMO there is much to criticize about the joint bid.....but this is not the typical mega sport bid where billions and billions of additional infrastructure is needed/promised.
Both Fifa and the IOC are trying to go with a model now where they can give it to a city or country where they don't end up having to build large-scale infrastructure that will only be used a few times and then sit empty.

Anyone sure that it was 4483 that arrived and off loaded today for sure, as the GPS for 4466 is activated and shows the car on the test track at Hillcrest, not across the street like it has since it left. Or did 4466 & 4483 come down on the same train??

Last edited:
4466 currently eastbound on Queen east Near Spadina Ave so say the trackers.

I didn't have a visual on the car number, sorry. Only the news that a car was there yesterday morning, and I added one to the previous delivery, forgetting that 4466 was still out there.

So 4483 may still be in the Bay.

- Paul

Regardless if 4466 is here or not, TTC needs 4 more cars on their property by June 29 to meet Q2 schedule.

I was expecting to see 4465 back this month. Since it was supposed to have gone a few things before returning, we should see it in service by June 25.

Wonder why the source in TB not posting anymore on shipments???

Back