News   Apr 25, 2024
 158     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

New video release by Bombardier on the new streetcars here.
Looks like Bombardier took a page out of Boeing's sympathy playbook when they were facing heat from Canadians for pressuring the U.S Trade Commission to impose duties on the Bombardier C Series, while simultaneously trying to secure a new contract for fighter jets. Now here we are with Bombardier trying to get sympathy from Canadians while trying to give a little to nudge to Toronto to order more streetcars. The timing is quite impeccable.

With fingers cross and hope, looks like 4477 could enter service on Tuesday after 20 day since arrival. Its currently sitting on track 5 and first time in a week it been outside. Its possible 4479 could enter service Tuesday as well or this week after been here 17 days. It still inside.

No idea how 4478 was in service before 4477 and only 8 after arrival.

4480, 4481 still not tracking.

Sorry, but that video is a joke and show how bad the PR department is.

Is anyone still tracking how many we've received per month?
Its per quarter this year with BBD 4 short at this time to meet June 22 dead line to have cars on TTC property by June 29.

I have a list of arrival and could be put into months like last year. 4 for Jan, Feb 4 with one ship back, Mar 4, April 4, May 4, 3 for June so far.

3 of Jan cars should be 2017 numbers, but holiday delay delivery to TTC and were in Toronto.

BBD is still a car a week on average so far. 4482 is the last car TTC has received this week.

4477 still in the yard and 4479 still in the service bay as I type this. Could be 4477 is waiting for a service bay to open up.

Low floor, tight turning angles, -30°C, custom gauge, trolley pole and pantograph Toronto streetcars.

I was quoting the statement in the video.

Also a 5 module streetcar of that length.

I think thats notable.

Its no task to design a CLRV to go around a tight turn. But these new long streetcars that are nearly the length of 2 CLRV's? Its something to gloat about.

I've noticed a surprising number of CLRVs on the 504 route recently, I thought the plan was for that route to go all Flexities as a priority.

I've noticed a surprising number of CLRVs on the 504 route recently, I thought the plan was for that route to go all Flexities as a priority.

Priority goes to the 509, 510, 512 and 514 - those need a combined 54 cars at rush hour. Whatever's left is sent out on King, which currently means 10-15 of the 33 cars they use in weekday peak hours.

From what I know, 70 CLRV's and 25 ALRV's are history. That 95 cars and we only have 76 new cars in service to replace them at this time with 5 more being ready.

4477 is back in the service bay and 4479 with lost GPS

Last edited:
From what I know, 70 CLRV's and 25 ALRV's are history. That 95 cars and we only have 76 new cars in service to replace them at this time with 5 more being ready.

4477 is back in the service bay and 4479 with lost GPS

76 Flexities = 95 CLRV's and ALRVs.

A flexity is double the length of a CLRV

4480 is tracking and did a short trip to Cherry Loop and now Northbound on Broadview

Back