News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Seems to be the weekend pattern now to put any 'spare' Flexities on King and even on weekdays one sees more each week as BBD (slowly) sends us more.

Yeah, I know they are spares and that this has been ongoing on weekends since February of last year and on weekdays since December.

504 today is running mainly with Flexities, with about 10 CLRV'S ( Source : NextBus )
And we have 6 flexities just parked up at Exhibition loop for 510 even though it’s not running. Why didn’t they just throw them on King as extras instead of wasting resources by parking them with the drivers.

I just noticed that there are apparently no streetcars on Spadina.

During the March 3rd weekend, TTC will carry out rail repairs on Spadina Avenue at Adelaide Street West and at Sullivan Street. A bus service will replace streetcars on the 510/310 Spadina route during this work.

Work will occur at both locations simultaneously and involve breaking/removing a short section of concrete, replacing existing rail with new rail, welding/grinding and placement of new concrete.

This should surely have been able to provide 100% Flexity service on King.

And we have 6 flexities just parked up at Exhibition loop for 510 even though it’s not running. Why didn’t they just throw them on King as extras instead of wasting resources by parking them with the drivers.
Some ended up on 511

I just noticed that there are apparently no streetcars on Spadina.

During the March 3rd weekend, TTC will carry out rail repairs on Spadina Avenue at Adelaide Street West and at Sullivan Street. A bus service will replace streetcars on the 510/310 Spadina route during this work.

Work will occur at both locations simultaneously and involve breaking/removing a short section of concrete, replacing existing rail with new rail, welding/grinding and placement of new concrete.

This should surely have been able to provide 100% Flexity service on King.

I see that the 317 has been renamed the 310. Do Flexity Outlooks operating this line display the 317 or 310 on their signage / announcements, rather than 510? I don't live in Toronto, but I also haven't yet seen any video on the Internet of these numbers shown on a Flexity. Just wondering.

Perhaps the same may go for 304 as well, now that King has many new vehicles operating on it.

I see that the 317 has been renamed the 310. Do Flexity Outlooks operating this line display the 317 or 310 on their signage / announcements, rather than 510? I don't live in Toronto, but I also haven't yet seen any video on the Internet of these numbers shown on a Flexity. Just wondering.

I feel like routes that are 24-hour and follow the same routing as their daytime counterpart should just keep the same number, and 300s just used for those that are significantly different or combined overnight routes (like the subway replacements).

There are currently no 310 signs available on the LFLRVs, the nightcars use the same 510 signs as do the 504s.

There are currently no 310 signs available on the LFLRVs, the nightcars use the same 510 signs as do the 504s.
These are surely not physical signs but signs that need to be programmed into the LED signs of the cars? (or added to a list of 'approved signs"). It seems unfortunate that re-programming these signs appears to be complex (or time consuming or low priority) as there are times when a novel sign might be useful - for example when a route is on diversion. Clearly, this was not possible with the older streetcars' signs which are on 'roller blinds' but we might have progressed somewhat...

These are surely not physical signs but signs that need to be programmed into the LED signs of the cars? (or added to a list of 'approved signs"). It seems unfortunate that re-programming these signs appears to be complex (or time consuming or low priority) as there are times when a novel sign might be useful - for example when a route is on diversion. Clearly, this was not possible with the older streetcars' signs which are on 'roller blinds' but we might have progressed somewhat...

The "powers-that-be" probably don't know how to use a contact list on their smartphones, but key in a phone number from their little black book (they still have them?).

Been out of touch with this for a bit, when will lines be using pantos?

Been out of touch with this for a bit, when will lines be using pantos?
It depends on the deliveries and the full conversion of each route to Flexities only. I believe when converted to usable by pantographs, the overhead can no longer be used by trolley (correct me if I'm wrong).

Back