News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Well 4448 has finally made it way out of the service bays where it has been the past 5 day to the yard and set to go into service on Thursday. No idea what route or when it will leave the yard, but 510 has been the main one or cars entering service on.

Anyone heard or see 4449 yet???

If it left Thunder Bay last Saturday, as noted above, is it safe to assume CP has as least got it to Toronto? Maybe it has just been or is about to be transferred between Agincourt and Hillcreast?

Saw 4450 on Bathurst earlier today.
Humm!!!.........Wonder where they are built these days, since none of the posters have posted anything on them??? Not a word out of Thunder Bay

We really need to give these streetcars real names! They do it for ships! ("I just saw "Rouge River" at King and Bathurst" or "Why is "Lady of Loma" in the Lake?" make this all sound MUCH more interesting!) :->

Love the idea. I think Steve Munro has said in the past it was informally discussed but never acted on.

We really need to give these streetcars real names! They do it for ships! ("I just saw "Rouge River" at King and Bathurst" or "Why is "Lady of Loma" in the Lake?" make this all sound MUCH more interesting!) :->

All aboard 4450 aka Rob Ford!

This is a really bad idea.

Yes it would go south very fast if people could submit names. I do agree with maybe naming a few cars after other Canadian LRT systems. For example, "The Spirit of Waterloo", "Empress of Ottawa", or the "Hurontario Hazel" (yes I know that my creativity is lacking).

It's a terrible idea, not because naming streetcars is a terrible idea, but because we'd have to come up with 204 unique names.

WRT 4450 not being spotted in Thunder Bay, that could just be because of the ramp up of production going on up there. Since CP handles all the logistics of shipping, that could just mean that 4450 didn't sit in the yards up there long enough to be spotted, or was just switched on to a track in the yard between two other freight consists and wasn't easy to spot.

Back