News   Jul 15, 2024
 729     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

For some reason #4417 is showing up at Hillcrest (Getting ready for the parade maybe?)
Since this is the newest one in service, it will be in the parade like I posted earlier. Its got that nice bright shinning look for a new car.

I was expecting it would show up at the Russell yard from the new carhouse since this is where they stage the cars before heading east to the parade. Unless the yard short of space this year, they may send all 5 cars from Hillcrest as a convoy setup in order for the parade.

Since this is the newest one in service, it will be in the parade like I posted earlier. Its got that nice bright shinning look for a new car.

I was expecting it would show up at the Russell yard from the new carhouse since this is where they stage the cars before heading east to the parade. Unless the yard short of space this year, they may send all 5 cars from Hillcrest as a convoy setup in order for the parade.

what about them all being staged at Lesslie as it's closer then Russell is plus they could probably keep them all inside if they wanted too.

4417 was schedule to be in the parade, but crap out and was replace 4412.

The Witt lead the convoy from Russell Yard of all things as well in the parade with PCC 4500 following it with CLRV 4125, ALRV 4217 following with 4412 bring up the rear. They had to send out the service truck to have it in front of the Witt

Saw the PCC in the yard, but no sign of the Witt and 4412 was 2 cars in front of my CLRV heading west. 4412 stall for some reason while turning onto Leslie heading to the carhouse, blocking all traffic on Queen.

Nice photo opp in the yard with all stagger on 5 tracks. Never seen a PCC backup before, but it was done to place it on a track that cars on it.

Caught the PCC leading the Witt at River St while doing some shooting with 4125 bring up the rear.

Can reconfirm that "NO" pans will be used until King and Queen as well parts of existing yards overhead is 100% completed and Queen stills has a lot to be done at this time. Looks like fall/winter until the pans go up.

Cherry St 100% complete and ready for testing in May or sooner once the fences come down.

March 27
A number of first for TTC for this parade and noted on write up on the videos.

Miss the convoy leaving the yard as the memory card pop out for some unknown reason and haven't open the slot in a month as well having no problems shooting 700 shots last week with the camera.

Should shot the yard with all 5 cars stage for a photo opp as well the PCC backing up.

Cherry St 100% complete and ready for testing in May or sooner once the fences come down.
Waterfront Toronto indicated in a recent newsletter that the fences will be coming down in early April, preceding people starting to move in on April 11.

4416 was running in service on King East Sunday morning on its way to Queen's Quay. A little taste of what we'll hopefully have in June with the 514 Cherry Route.

With all due respect to the discussion going on here, it has been 6 weeks since 4417 went into service. (Can't find it much on NEXTBUS either.) Where is 4418? We are supposed to be seeing one a week... 4419? What on earth is going on now?

With all due respect to the discussion going on here, it has been 6 weeks since 4417 went into service. (Can't find it much on NEXTBUS either.) Where is 4418? We are supposed to be seeing one a week... 4419? What on earth is going on now?

4418 was delivered on the thursday before easter. with friday being a holiday they may not have done anything with it until monday. I saw it being tested on queen street on saturday though. Not sure about 4417 though

On the sammdot tracker you'll see #4417 spending a lot of time in the garage. It was used a lot up until about a month ago.

http://ttca.sammdot.ca/ttc-track-multi.html?4400-4603

CTV News had a segment on the aging streetcars getting a facelift. See link.

Behind the scenes at The Hillcrest Complex Harvey Shop where crews are working to keep an aging fleet of streetcars up to date. When Bombardier failed to deliver a fleet of new streetcars, crews began rebuilding dozens of existing ones.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Damn, they're really going all-out on these rebuilds. How long are they expected to last after reconstruction? I've mentioned this before but the older streetcars would make great trippers for rush hour, just to pick up excess demand. Though the new regulations regarding accessible transit probably make that difficult.

Also, will this effect any attempts to exercise the 60 car option on the current Bombardier order? They've been terrible but having 264 new streetcars and another 60 old ones for rush hour services would be a good fleet, especially if we expand the streetcar network.

Back