News   Apr 23, 2024
 266     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 469     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1.3K     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

So you propose them to spend about 10 times as much renegotiating the contract to save a few minutes here and there?

I'd think that if one were to raise this with TTC in an official complaint, the amount of money they'd spend to respond would be more than the cost of simply putting new numbers on.

Do you propose that they also install the advertisements (all for TTC so far that I've seen) at Bombardier, so that TTC staff doing have to stick them in themselves?

Seriously. The lawyers fees to negotiate this with Bombarider would be more than whatever it costs to stick a number onto this thing.

So you propose them to spend about 10 times as much renegotiating the contract to save a few minutes here and there?

I'd think that if one were to raise this with TTC in an official complaint, the amount of money they'd spend to respond would be more than the cost of simply putting new numbers on.

Do you propose that they also install the advertisements (all for TTC so far that I've seen) at Bombardier, so that TTC staff doing have to stick them in themselves?

You fail to see the context of this argument here. Of course I'm not advocating a renegotiation, but rather why this has had to happen to begin with.
If they had got it right to begin with at the start (as with many of their jobs...) or they weren't OCD, none of this would be required regardless of the dollars involved.

If they had got it right to begin with at the start (as with many of their jobs...)
or they weren't OCD, none of this would be required regardless of the dollars involved.

You're talking about a $5 Million piece of machinery. This "mistake" is an incredibly inconsequential one in the grand scheme of things. Do you always complain about such unimportant nonsense?

If they had got it right to begin with at the start (as with many of their jobs...) or they weren't OCD

I'm sure they have their reasoning. It's probably to deal with night visibility.

RE OCD: You're one to talk...

or they weren't OCD, none of this would be required regardless of the dollars involved.

You're talking about a $5 Million piece of machinery. This "mistake" is an incredibly inconsequential one in the grand scheme of things. Do you always complain about such unimportant nonsense?

I'm sure they have their reasoning. It's probably to deal with night visibility.

RE OCD: You're one to talk...

Of course I'm OCD, its my money paying for it.....shouldn't you if you realize that your tax dollars is being used like this?
Im more concerned about the practices over the dollars. case in point: TTC is spending money regardless of amount in places where they really dont need to when have little money to spare and are being asked by the mayor to save $5mil for next year.

Anyways enough of this back and forth bickering before this gets out of hand. Lets move on.

Of course I'm OCD, its my money paying for it.....shouldn't you if you realize that your tax dollars is being used like this?
Im more concerned about the practices over the dollars. case in point: TTC is spending money regardless of amount in places where they really dont need to when have little money to spare and are being asked by the mayor to save $5mil for next year.

Anyways enough of this back and forth bickering before this gets out of hand. Lets move on.

Oh my gosh. You must be one of those people who freak out if they lose a pencil.

If I paint a room, but find that the colour looks wrong in the evening light, I paint it again.

Guess there are those who don't exchange clothes because the clothes are "wrong".

Will you actually repaint your room after hours and hours of labour just because it doesnt look exactly right at a certain point of day?

And the difference for clothes is, you get your money back or a 1 for 1 exchange. You dont have to pay extra for clothes that are "wrong" (provided you have the receipt still)

Slowly, we can retire the old streetcars running on Spadina.

ttc-2180-lansdowne-1948.jpg

Back