News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 436     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

newrocket.jpg

Attachments

• newrocket.jpg
    newrocket.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 693
Not using pans as the line is not 100% complete. Also, until there is more of them, poles only. Some of the CLRV's were loosing poles at QQ and doing some damage to the new systems in various locations.

Here is your new 4403 and too many people help kill the full view I wanted by jumping up/down in front of me.
[video=youtube_share;G7mcX1IumQ0]http://youtu.be/G7mcX1IumQ0[/video]

PST and Everyone: Good to see that the first of the TTC's "Caterpillars" has been placed in service by the TTC...

They do take some getting used to in comparison with the CLRVs and it shows the TTC's commitment to keeping
and updating the streetcar fleet remembering RF's hostility to Toronto's streetcar routes...

The souvenirs are going to be good collectibles...The cardboard cutout and the button but handing out cookies is
definitely different...The next generation of the Toronto Rocket is here and entering service but I will miss the CLRVs
when their time serving Toronto ends...

LI MIKE

I'm concerned that there likely won't be more than these two new LFLRV's in Toronto for a while, because of that strike at Bombardier.

The latest news is certainly not good.

Does anyone know how many production vehicles we can expect going forward? Are we stuck with these ones (and which ones, exactly, beyond 4400+4403) for a long time?

I'm concerned that there likely won't be more than these two new LFLRV's in Toronto for a while, because of that strike at Bombardier.

The latest news is certainly not good.

That CBC report is from Thursday. However the CBC report from Friday was much more optimistic, and apparently they are all returning to the table tomorrow.

There's been comments that 4404 is almost ready. I suppose we might see that appear before the strike ends, but I can't imagine that we'll see anything beyond that until the strike is resolved - be that September or December I don't know.

Back