News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 659     0 

TTC: Electric and alternative fuel buses

I really can't express how pleased I am with the TTC finally adopting the "tracked" plug sliding door system for their electric bus orders. They should've done this with the most recent hybrid orders as well...

These doors are so much better than the outward opening doors we had with the VIIs that would get stuck in snowbanks, and the inward opening doors we have now taking more interior space away.

These are the best thing since the rare middle "Bode" doors on YRT's AG300s.

I hope these plug doors become the standard across all agencies receiving Metrolinx funding/joint bus purchases!!!

It's interesting the new Novas have glass on the bottom half of the rear door, while on the New Flyers that section is black.

Different door manufacturer?

It would be so nice have Metrolinx bus purchases be as interchangeable between cities/towns as BCTransit manages...

My question is: Are the rear doors button-operated, or touch-bar? I haven't seen a proper interior photo yet.

Sorry @Northern Light, the rear exterior door buttons are now gone.

Ps. The blue lights on the New Flyers are much lighter than the Novas.
I really hate the current batch of busses where the rear doors open inward and take away 4 people's worth of standing room. Other than encouraging people not to stand in the doorway, they're terrible. Glad to hear they're different in the new busses.

Back