News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 626     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Its a step in the right direction, but I will keep saying it until I Am in the ground, "ALL" stations and buildings "MUST" Have 2 Elevators bare minimum. This applies to all of Canada, let alone Toronto and Ontario that includes TTC, Metrolinx and all transit systems..

Line 3 will be dead long before the subway extension is open, but Ellesmere can be close now. Ford or who every in power come 2024 with give line 3 an extension for Elevators to about 2029 or say it will be close by then.

Lawrence West went through a number of contractors for various reasons on both sides. Any project with a Bondfield name on it is a TBD project when it will be finish.

Last edited:
Its a step in the right direction, but I will keep saying it until I Am in the ground, "ALL" stations and buildings "MUST" Have 2 Elevators bare minimum. This applies to all of Canada, let alone Toronto and Ontario that includes TTC, Metrolinx and all transit systems..

Line 3 will be dead long before the subway extension is open, but Ellesmere can be close now. Ford or who every in power come 2024 with give line 3 an extension for Elevators to about 2029 or say it will be close by then.

Lawrence West went through a number of contractors for various reasons on both sides. Any project with a Bondfield name one it is a TBD project when it will be finish.

Literally all buildings needs elevators for the disabled community. As for Bondfield, they shall TBD all of their projects..

Literally all buildings needs elevators ...
I'd literally recommend not installing them in one-story buildings ... so not all buildings!

I'd have though having redundant elevators in TTC stations would have been good - it's unfortunate that they didn't spend the money to do this in the first place.

Literally all buildings needs elevators for the disabled community. As for Bondfield, they shall TBD all of their projects..

The disabled and elderly community in highrise buildings shouldn't be more than seven (7) stories in height, because of the risk of power-failures or elevator maintenance.

The moment I saw the headline, I had a feeling that Bondfield was involved. And sure enough:

People have survived at Rosedale and Summerhill without escalators or elevators since 1954.
Thats great if you have 2 good legs. Otherwise, screw the wheelchair riders or the walkers and force them to use Wheel-Tram or hike it to Bloor or St Clair. Love to see you do that trip as an accessibility person.

Anything being done by Bondfield will be months, years behind schedule until a new company finish the work,. They are done.

People have survived at Rosedale and Summerhill without escalators or elevators since 1954.

@drum118 has already rightly taken you to task..................I'm not generally one to support a pile-on; but this case is an exception.

As someone who had to deal w/a parent w/mobility issues near the end of life..........but who could not use wheel trans w/o me, due to issues w/dementia............ I can tell you the challenges of being someone disabled or someone who has to care for someone who is are enormous. There are countless individuals and families who have faced far worse than mine.........yet there were moments for me that that were alternately heart-breaking and exhausting.

Elevators and/or escalators at every subway station don't remove all hurtles or even close; yet that can be an enormous help.

Its one thing to struggle to move 100m in a wheelchair or with a walker or rollator, its another completely to navigate stairs.

Its a wonderful thing that neither you, nor I typically have an issue w/this obstacle.

But we are not everyone.

Surely it is the responsibility of government to do its best to bring a more accessible society to as many as it can.

There will always be barriers and challenges.

But perhaps none greater than the indifference and ignorance of others who simply forget that others are not as lucky as they.

Last edited:
Yes, SOME people have. Having ANY stairs makes places inaccessible to others. You need to remember that not everyone is young and healthy.

Last edited:
Yes, SOME people have. Having ANY stairs makes places inaccessible to others. You need to remember tgat not everyone is young and healthy.

I agree. All of you saying that people have surived since 1954 without elevators are wrong, lots of people aren't able bodied

June 24 mtg of Government and Licensing Committee will have 2 reports before it concerning expropriations required for easier access projects at Christie Stn and Donlands Stn, as well as for the second exit at the latter.

Chistie Stn.

Donlands Stn.

Back