News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 624     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 907     0 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

College Station, Elevators and 2nd Exit............46M!!!!

New to me render of new College Stairs from platform

1594219602377.png

Donlands is only a hair cheaper at over 45M!

Future schedule:

Second Exits:

Museum, Summerhill, and Dundas West stations are in the design stage.

A recommended location was identifiedfor GreenwoodStationby its Local Working Group that is under review by the City.

The planning and property search for Dundas Station is ongoing

Elevators:

The current program schedule is meeting thecommitmentto make all stations accessible by 2025,there are 10 stations currently in construction: Wellesley, Chester, Dupont, Wilson, Runnymede, Bay, Keele, Yorkdale, Sherbourne and Lansdowne Stations. College and Donlands will commence construction later this year, another 8 stations are due to commence construction in 2021 and the remaining 6 in 2022.

View attachment 256326

Yeah there are a number of new renderings for the College project - not surprised by how expensive it is given they are basically building a second mezzanine over the tracks. What I am not so happy about it that it more or less duplicate the reach of the existing College Park entrance and not serving as a meaningful southward extension - which is where the growth will be.

Donlands on the other hand felt utterly lacking in terms of bang for the buck.

AoD

Last edited:

View attachment 256326

Future schedule:

Second Exits:

Museum, Summerhill, and Dundas West stations are in the design stage.

A recommended location was identifiedfor GreenwoodStationby its Local Working Group that is under review by the City.

The planning and property search for Dundas Station is ongoing

Elevators:

The current program schedule is meeting thecommitmentto make all stations accessible by 2025,there are 10 stations currently in construction: Wellesley, Chester, Dupont, Wilson, Runnymede, Bay, Keele, Yorkdale, Sherbourne and Lansdowne Stations. College and Donlands will commence construction later this year, another 8 stations are due to commence construction in 2021 and the remaining 6 in 2022.
Many of these new second exits should continue the themes from the respective station's artwork.

The College station second exits should have hockey motifs, despite the Leafs now playing in the Scotiabank Arena, to complement Pachter's artwork.

The Museum station second exits should have motifs pertaining to the ROM to complement the platform level.

Many of these new second exits should continue the themes from the respective station's artwork.

The College station second exits should have hockey motifs, despite the Leafs now playing in the Scotiabank Arena, to complement Pachter's artwork.

The Museum station second exits should have motifs pertaining to the ROM to complement the platform level.

Mmmmmm I really have to disagree here. The Museum Station reno was nothing write home about and the College Station reno is past its best before date.

I would rather have a fresh new look.

Mmmmmm I really have to disagree here. The Museum Station reno was nothing write home about and the College Station reno is past its best before date.

I would rather have a fresh new look.
Maybe while you're at it consider a full reno, or even just retiling of the walls at College (and many of the Yonge Line stations, because a lot of them, especially south of Bloor don't exactly look great), but something like this would be hard to find funding for.

I actually quite like the hockey art in the station, so if a reno was done I would love to see it preserved.

Too bad something like this is probably not going to happen in the foreseeable future given the current situation. But I still hold hope that some of the Yonge Line stations will be renovated... eventually.

Maybe while you're at it consider a full reno, or even just retiling of the walls at College (and many of the Yonge Line stations, because a lot of them, especially south of Bloor don't exactly look great), but something like this would be hard to find funding for.

I actually quite like the hockey art in the station, so if a reno was done I would love to see it preserved.

Too bad something like this is probably not going to happen in the foreseeable future given the current situation. But I still hold hope that some of the Yonge Line stations will be renovated... eventually.

The art is by Charles Pachter - can't imagine it will get tossed.

AoD

Attachments

• 1594292862423.png
    1594292862423.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 289

I'd like to see quality renos too.

But my vision would probably cost 50M per station without addressing any structural or capacity issues!

I'd like to see College Stn re-done to mimic the style of College Park. Do the whole thing in Tyndall Limestone (or a brilliant imitation of same that is more practical)

This image from Emporis should inspire the ceiling design:

1594293535224.png

Oooh, and I want those light fixtures too!

For other stations:

Queen's Park in Pink Sandstone, with copper ceilings

Nothing faux!

St. Patrick mimics the cathedral w/Yellow Brick (or quality tile that could pass for it); and oxidized green copper ceiling.

Osgoode can be modeled after Osgoode Hall, with the red brick and stone look.

I'd get bored of too much heritage and somewhat like St. Andrew's late 70s re-do; I'd restore that; but finish it with upgraded ceilings and lights throughout.

Museum, needs to have the last reno's not cheaped out vision for ceiling/lighting put in; the old subway tile removed in favour of higher quality cladding; I'd love to see in-lays of mosaic tile in the floor with the words Royal Ontario Museum laid in; and then the upgraded finishes need to be extended to the mezzanine.

King should look like the financial district, hyper-modern, within a 1965-1985 vernacular.

Lets go for TD Ctr as the inspo; we don't have an all-black Station.

I think I'll stop there before i offend everyone! LOL

I'd like to see quality renos too.

But my vision would probably cost 50M per station without addressing any structural or capacity issues!

I'd like to see College Stn re-done to mimic the style of College Park. Do the whole thing in Tyndall Limestone (or a brilliant imitation of same that is more practical)

This image from Emporis should inspire the ceiling design:

View attachment 256455

Oooh, and I want those light fixtures too!

For other stations:

Queen's Park in Pink Sandstone, with copper ceilings

Nothing faux!

St. Patrick mimics the cathedral w/Yellow Brick (or quality tile that could pass for it); and oxidized green copper ceiling.

Osgoode can be modeled after Osgoode Hall, with the red brick and stone look.

I'd get bored of too much heritage and somewhat like St. Andrew's late 70s re-do; I'd restore that; but finish it with upgraded ceilings and lights throughout.

Museum, needs to have the last reno's not cheaped out vision for ceiling/lighting put in; the old subway tile removed in favour of higher quality cladding; I'd love to see in-lays of mosaic tile in the floor with the words Royal Ontario Museum laid in; and then the upgraded finishes need to be extended to the mezzanine.

King should look like the financial district, hyper-modern, within a 1965-1985 vernacular.

Lets go for TD Ctr as the inspo; we don't have an all-black Station.

I think I'll stop there before i offend everyone! LOL

I don't think we need to go luxe or have a station by station motif (just look Museum station to see how it was badly done) - what I do like to see is neutral, durable materials that reduces claustrophobia - the original stations on Yonge has some particularly questionable material choices when they last got renovation (like dark brown, mustard yellow - what are they thinking?)

AoD

I don't think we need to go luxe or have a station by station motif (just look Museum station to see how it was badly done) - what I do like to see is neutral, durable materials that reduces claustrophobia - the original stations on Yonge has some particularly questionable material choices when they last got renovation (like dark brown, mustard yellow - what are they thinking?)

AoD

I must confess, I have a bias for transit palaces (done properly).

Stockholm: (from Torontoist)

1594303894805.png

Moscow (via Getty Images)

1594303966085.png

or Montreal for something closer to home { via the Canadian Encyclopedia)

1594304484659.png

I'll also add; I don't dislike the museum columns which were to my understanding designed and built by ROM.

Everything else is second-rate (bad sidewall cladding, painting over tile and 2nd rate ceiling and lighting; plus not extending it to the mezzanine.)

I'll also add; I don't dislike the museum columns which were to my understanding designed and built by ROM.

Everything else is second-rate (bad sidewall cladding, painting over tile and 2nd rate ceiling and lighting; plus not extending it to the mezzanine.)

It might designed by ROM, but they looked awful - lacking in details and realism. It's like getting whisked to Rainforest Cafe.

AoD

Back