News   Aug 01, 2024
 188     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 817     0 

TTC Cutting Service at the end of month

Exactly. Some of us are waiting for Transit City to be built. Some of us are not even that lucky.

I rode the subway with my father the other day. He lived in Toronto in the late '70s. Since then, we have...

Sheppard Line
SRT
Kipling
Kennedy
North York Center
Downsview

Wow, what progress...

Exactly. Some of us are waiting for Transit City to be built. Some of us are not even that lucky.

I rode the subway with my father the other day. He lived in Toronto in the late '70s. Since then, we have...

Sheppard Line
SRT
Kipling
Kennedy
North York Center
Downsview

Wow, what progress...

Blame that on politicians with no transit visions.

And a public that didn't care to make it a priority. If the public was screaming for subways, we would have had subways built.

I'm kind of glad the public never did. I don't want one subway line every 5 - 10 years. I want better transit sooner than that and something network oriented.

I'm actually kinda happy the reductions are in the peak, becaues peak servic is already pretty good, so the improvements they made to off-peak service are being maintained.

Are you Adam Giambrone? You sound awfully pro-TTC. Or maybe you don't even ride TTC so you wouldn't even know what you're talking about. How would you explain 3 buses coming in a row? or too many people waiting for the delayed subway that you fear someone might fall off to the track?

I'm kind of glad the public never did. I don't want one subway line every 5 - 10 years. I want better transit sooner than that and something network oriented.

You are glad the public didn't push for transit since the 70s because you want something better transit than 4 additional subway lines completed sooner than now? I don't get it.

No, not since the 70's, more like since the late 90's and early 00's.
I still don't get it.

If we imagine an alternate history where the public decided that sitting in cars in traffic was a waste of their time, and pushed hard for real transit improvements beginning in the 70s (e.g. the wave of expansion in the 60s was continued), we'd surely have more subway lines than we have now.

To be specific, I was using the sheppard subway construction as a benchmark for my argument. Is that clear enough?

The public was screaming for subways since the Sheppard line was built? If that was true then a new subway line every 5-10 years would have another subway opening by next year at the latest which is not the case.

Last edited:
That 96 Wilson Bus is going to hurt, It's fine all day but when that 4 o'clock hour hits, those bus's are rammed. Even when they bunch up that last bus is packed full. I had to walk to Wilson station a few times because I could not get on one due to overcrowding.

good thing the TTC is planning for a dedicated bus only ROW on wilson from Wilson station to Keele, haha too bad it's probably 10 years down the road.

The public was screaming for subways since the Sheppard line was built? If that was true then a new subway line every 5-10 years would have another subway opening by next year at the latest which is not the case.

No, the public wasn't screaming for subways since Sheppard was built.

Back