News   Apr 23, 2024
 174     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 910     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 294     0 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Lawrence and Wilson should have BRTs. Cheaper, similar capacity, and just as effective.

We need all big-dollar rail-transit investment be directed towards the Relief Line / Ontario Line. Extending the proposed line to Sheppard and Don Mills would do more than either BRT or LRT on Lawrence or Wilson.
Both routes (Wilson/York Mills, Lawrence East/Lawrence West) suffer from capacity constraints. BRT was needed decades ago.

Because I was bored.

Toronto/GTA rapid transit by 2100: a mix of conventional proposals with some fantasy elements thrown in...

Discuss, forum, discuss!
1. Is it just me or is the Finch West LRT missing? Hey! You’re not allowed to leave out approved and under construction lines. Shouldn’t the Hurontario LRT be in there too? You know it goes to the Lakeshore.
2. This is all we get in 80 years? R U kidding?

1. Is it just me or is the Finch West LRT missing? Hey! You’re not allowed to leave out approved and under construction lines. Shouldn’t the Hurontario LRT be in there too? You know it goes to the Lakeshore.

Finch West LRT is there, it's the sky blue line from Finch West Stn to Humber College, same as the actual proposed line.

Hurontario LRT is there too, I highlighted the Square One to Brampton GO section because in this iteration I interlined it with the Mississauga Transitway as the entire cream orange line would be fully grade separated (main line), The sections west of Square One (Transitway) and south of Square One (all the way to Credit Landing, natch!) would be branches through mixed traffic. I also was going to include a Dundas BRT but for simplicity sake only showed the LRT/Subway lines.

Thanks for your feedback regardless.

Because I was bored.

Toronto/GTA rapid transit by 2100: a mix of conventional proposals with some fantasy elements thrown in...

Discuss, forum, discuss!

Sexy.

But the orange Eglinton line should wrap around progress into SCC or a seperate LRT line to since the BDL will go up McCowan to Sheppard.
Finch West LRT is there, it's the sky blue line from Finch West Stn to Humber College, same as the actual proposed line.

Hurontario LRT is there too, I highlighted the Square One to Brampton GO section because in this iteration I interlined it with the Mississauga Transitway as the entire cream orange line would be fully grade separated (main line), The sections west of Square One (Transitway) and south of Square would be branches through mixed traffic. I also was going to include a Dundas BRT but for simplicity sake only showed the LRT/Subway lines.

Sexy.

Only comment is the Line 2 extension is likely to go up McCowan to Sheppard. So we'll likely see an LRT spur to the zoo from SCC or Eglinton LRT wrap around from Malvern to SCC

We'll be lucky to have this in a 100 years

Hurontario LRT is there too, I highlighted the Square One to Brampton GO section because in this iteration I interlined it with the Mississauga Transitway as the entire cream orange line would be fully grade separated (main line), The sections west of Square One (Transitway) and south of Square One (all the way to Credit Landing, natch!) would be branches through mixed traffic. I also was going to include a Dundas BRT but for simplicity sake only showed the LRT/Subway lines.

Light must be too poor here. I did miss the light blue line. Sorry @Hopkins123 . It should go east to Seneca at DVP I say.

See, if you ask me, you just need to put ATC and platform doors on Line 2 from Kipling to Kennedy. There's not as much potential for a comprehensive east-west route outside of that corridor, Eglinton, and Steeles (which I already covered with my VIVA Red/Maroon idea).

I mean to relieve the 401.

The province has released new proposals for the future of Ontario Line and a new so-called Trillium Line that will supplement the former. Map was created by Metrolinx and absolutely 100% not me. Totally was not made on an expensive exchange-rate subscription of Adobe Illustrator.

Metrolinx totes made this alternate reality if Doug did not exist and we still had DRL.

The province has released new proposals for the future of Ontario Line and a new so-called Trillium Line that will supplement the former. Map was created by Metrolinx and absolutely 100% not me. Totally was not made on an expensive exchange-rate subscription of Adobe Illustrator.

View attachment 213469

Metrolinx totes made this alternate reality if Doug did not exist and we still had DRL.

View attachment 213470

All I can say is thank you for adding a Cherry stop on the Ontario Line. Its ridiculous its not on there right now.

I mean.... wow Metrolinx added Cherry to the Ontario Line ;)

Back