News   Nov 13, 2019
 461     3 
News   Nov 13, 2019
 2.5K     9 

Transit Fantasy Maps

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
The line could also split with both ACC and YYZ as terminuses.
With say 5-minute headways on each branch, or 2.5-minute headways between Renforth/Martin Grove and Laird.

Also, I was thinking that Metrolinx could probably purchase one of the lots at ACC to store and provide maintenance to Crosstown vehicles rather easily, should they see the need.

Last edited:

north-of-anything

Member Bio
Reaction score
kingrelief.png

It's been a hot minute since I've posted something here.
While I personally think that building a subway line on King is kind of a waste and that Queen is the better option if we plan to enhance waterfront service, I wanted to see what a relief line along King could possibly look like, plus some northwards extensions on either end. I don't like how this line doesn't have a good connection to Liberty Village but I don't think one was possible.

Translude15

Frank the Tank
Member Bio
Reaction score
View attachment 210534

It's been a hot minute since I've posted something here.
While I personally think that building a subway line on King is kind of a waste and that Queen is the better option if we plan to enhance waterfront service, I wanted to see what a relief line along King could possibly look like, plus some northwards extensions on either end. I don't like how this line doesn't have a good connection to Liberty Village but I don't think one was possible.
I'd put a station in LV to connect with the proposed GO station in the rail corridor. Frankly, I'd loop a King subway north on Dufferin towards Eglinton so it can service the outer portions of western old Toronto. A second downtown subway would then travel along Queen, beginning in the Beaches in the east end and terminating at Roncesvalles in the west. The Queen line could then travel north towards Bloor or continue west to Humber Bay depending on demand and development patterns at that point in time.

Last edited:

north-of-anything

Member Bio
Reaction score
downtown routes.png

Based on the discussion surrounding the proposed development at Lake Shore and Park Lawn, I thought of another way to connect the neighbourhoods south of Bloor to downtown.

The red line is a Waterfront LRT - beginning at Dundas West station, due south until Queen before it maneuvers southeast and follows the Gardiner to Exhibition Place. From there, it assumes much of the existing streetcar routes. Here I drew the route re-connecting with the Relief Line at Sumach Station and proceeding north along Parliament, but I see no reason not to take a different route beyond the end of Queen's Quay.

The blue line is the Queen line in TTC stock. I'm really not sure if it would be a true subway along the entire route, or if a transfer to LRT would be necessary at Roncesvalles or earlier. Regardless, this configuration would allow a one-seat ride to the northern business district from Humber Bay, and reduce the reliance of the waterfront communities on Union Station.

11th

Member Bio
Reaction score
Counter-argument: With the completion of the Crosstown, those along the Eglinton Corridor can access the UPX at Mount Dennis. Why is it important for the Crosstown to go to Pearson as well?

Also, I want to question the logic of prioritizing the employment at Pearson Airport over the employment at ACC as the right decision. Specifically, I question if whether it would be better for economic growth in the region overall if the (more white-collar) jobs located at the firms in ACC were more accessible to labour pool of Toronto. Pearson Airport is already served by the UPX and 192 Kipling Rocket.

That said, this idea should have some thought towards a greater local connectivity strategy with Pearson Airport. I'm not sure what the future of the Link Train is with the Pearson Transit Hub, but maybe it can serve as a shuttle to the Renforth Gateway.
Idea: extend the LINK train to connect all adjacent employment areas, not just ACC; interchange stations at Kitchener Line, Pearson, and Renforth Gateway.

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know this is a fantasy thread, but I'd love to see someone create a TTC-style map with all the (likely) coming realities in terms of subways, LRTs and streetcars, such as...
  • Line 1 extension to Richmond Hill
  • Line 2 extension to McCowan
  • Line 3 removal as SRT, but added as Ontario Line from Science Centre to Exhibition
  • Line 5 from Pearson to UTS (although, I imagine Kennedy to UTS might actually be a Line 7)
  • Line 6 from Finch W to Humber North
  • Waterfront East/West streetcars (although this one is harder)
  • Broadview streetcar extension

Last edited:

Leo_Chan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know this is a fantasy thread, but I'd love to see a TTC-style map with all the (likely) coming realities in terms of subways, LRTs and streetcars, such as...
  • Line 1 extension to Richmond Hill
  • Line 2 extension to McCowan
  • Line 3 removal as SRT, but added as Ontario Line from Science Centre to Exhibition
  • Line 5 from Pearson to UTS (although, I imagine Kennedy to UTS might actually be a Line 7)
  • Line 6 from Finch W to Humber North
  • Waterfront East/West streetcars (although this one is harder)
  • Broadview streetcar extension
Do you mean TTC Subway and Streetcar Map, classic map above the doors, or System Map? The map above the doors are likely going away (or be simplified to strips).

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
I mean a system map (the new style) with all the (likely) coming additions.
With many GO train lines becoming All Day very soon, or at least after RER, it would be nice to see them on the map too, within the Toronto borders. Maybe very subtly, like sort of in behind the TTC map, with the stations being shown (and something like "separate fare required" beside them)

Neutrino

Member Bio
Reaction score
^I was wondering that too. Toronto clearly needs another higher order east-west link. How realistic is it to use that corridor for passenger rail? @crs1026 @smallspy

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
With many GO train lines becoming All Day very soon, or at least after RER, it would be nice to see them on the map too, within the Toronto borders. Maybe very subtly, like sort of in behind the TTC map, with the stations being shown (and something like "separate fare required" beside them)
Which is what Montreal does on their maps with Exo.

Heres a high res version of that map btw
Now someone with more graphic skills than me... get at 'er!

robmausser

Member Bio
Reaction score
^I was wondering that too. Toronto clearly needs another higher order east-west link. How realistic is it to use that corridor for passenger rail? @crs1026 @smallspy
Not possible, thats CN's York sub and it was built specifically for freight to bypass our passenger network. Its off limits.

The East-West link up north will be the 407 Transitway.

Do not be mistaken with the 407 name, this will not be buses on the highway. Originally it will be a completely grade separated busway like the Missisauga Transitway, but can be upgraded to LRT, like the Ottawa Confederation Line.