News   Jul 15, 2024
 297     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 529     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 631     1 

Transit Fantasy Maps

It was also announced that as a condition of funding, the station currently planned to be named "Black Creek Pioneer Village" must be changed to "Steeles West" because naming a station "Black Creek Pioneer Village" is incredibly silly.

Worst TTC decision in recent memory. May as well name Union Station "Ripley's Aquarium."

Worst TTC decision in recent memory. May as well name Union Station "Ripley's Aquarium."

Black Creek Pioneer Village is about 1km from the Steeles West station.

I would say it is more like naming the Union Station as "Fort York"

I wish I were as good at graphics as some of the folks here so I could show you this but here goes. (Yeah, I know it is entirely unrealistic)

My ideal subway system. Start with the current one.

Extend the Bloor Danforth line northeastward into Scarborough all the way to the Rouge. Extend it westward to Sherway Gardens. Have 2-3 subways on top of one another.

Extend the Yonge Line up to Steeles. Have 2-3 subways on top of one another.

Have a subway run the length of the following streets within metro Toronto. Steeles, Finch, Sheppard, Lawrence, Eglinton, St. Clair, College, Dundas, Queen/Lakeshore/Queensway, King, Queen's Quay (including Portlands, Islands and the Ex/Ontario Place). All streetcars on these lines would be removed along with all associated tracks.

Have feeder lines into the main lines along West Mall (to the airport), East Mall, Kipling, Islington, Royal York, Jane, Dufferin, Bathurst, Spadina, Jarvis/Mount Pleasant, Bayview, Don Mills, Vic Park, Warden, Kennedy and other major streets east of there in Scarberia.

I'd also make all stations wheelchair/stroller accessible.

Am I dreaming in technicolour? Sure. I just wish I wasn't.

Black Creek Pioneer Village is about 1km from the Steeles West station.
From the northern exit of the station to the corner of Black Creek Pioneer Village at Steeles and Murray Ross Parkway is 450 metres. If you walk from the southern exit, up to Steeles, and then down Murray Ross Parkway to the existing Black Creek Pioneer Village entrance at the car park, then it's about 1 km.

There's nothing to stop the TRCA adding a pedestrian-only entrance at the corner of Steeles and Murray Ross Parkway, similar to what you see at similar urban museums and zoos.

The subway to Scarborough is old news by the way:

s0648_fl0244_id0024.jpg

I wish I were as good at graphics as some of the folks here so I could show you this but here goes. (Yeah, I know it is entirely unrealistic)

My ideal subway system. Start with the current one.

Extend the Bloor Danforth line northeastward into Scarborough all the way to the Rouge. Extend it westward to Sherway Gardens. Have 2-3 subways on top of one another.

Extend the Yonge Line up to Steeles. Have 2-3 subways on top of one another.

Have a subway run the length of the following streets within metro Toronto. Steeles, Finch, Sheppard, Lawrence, Eglinton, St. Clair, College, Dundas, Queen/Lakeshore/Queensway, King, Queen's Quay (including Portlands, Islands and the Ex/Ontario Place). All streetcars on these lines would be removed along with all associated tracks.

Have feeder lines into the main lines along West Mall (to the airport), East Mall, Kipling, Islington, Royal York, Jane, Dufferin, Bathurst, Spadina, Jarvis/Mount Pleasant, Bayview, Don Mills, Vic Park, Warden, Kennedy and other major streets east of there in Scarberia.

I'd also make all stations wheelchair/stroller accessible.

Am I dreaming in technicolour? Sure. I just wish I wasn't.

Dreaming is putting it nicely. Removing steetcars along College, Queen, St Clair to add subways would ruin those streets and I am sure residences and businesses would be against it.

Last edited:
In an effort to shore up support in the GTA, the Harper Government announces that, in addition to all the lines planned for completion around 2020, it will fully finance the immediate construction of the Wellington-Front Line:

(click to enlarge)

It was also announced that as a condition of funding, the station currently planned to be named "Black Creek Pioneer Village" must be changed to "Steeles West" because naming a station "Black Creek Pioneer Village" is incredibly silly.

I do believe the lines showing where the stops are on Spadina for Lawrence West, Glencarin, Yorkdale, Wilson should be fixed because presently if you draw a vertical line down to Bloor they are shown a bit east of Bathurst and this is incorrect. The extension stops show none of the stops even hitting Jane St (again look on the Bloor line for where Jane is). It drove me crazy during the 2010 election race that all the candidates were showing the line incorrectly

Dreaming is putting it nicely. Removing steetcars along College, Queen, St Clair to add subways would ruin those streets and I am sure residences and businesses would be against it.

patently false. There is just as much likelihood of a subway improving a streetscape as there is in ruining it.

Remind me to tell all of those empty businesses along Bloor, Danforth, and Yonge that the subway ruined their street... They're ghost towns for sure.

I do believe the lines showing where the stops are on Spadina for Lawrence West, Glencarin, Yorkdale, Wilson should be fixed because presently if you draw a vertical line down to Bloor they are shown a bit east of Bathurst and this is incorrect. The extension stops show none of the stops even hitting Jane St (again look on the Bloor line for where Jane is). It drove me crazy during the 2010 election race that all the candidates were showing the line incorrectly

Those stations are shown as being a bit west of Bathurst on my map, which is correct.

Back