News   Jul 16, 2024
 442     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 551     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Transit Fantasy Maps

Why is the Bloor-Danforth line shown is having a perfect east-west alignment and a connection to the Montreal Metro? That's not accurate at all.

Why is the Bloor-Danforth line shown is having a perfect east-west alignment and a connection to the Montreal Metro? That's not accurate at all.

Artistic license was used in order to align all the systems together, obviously.

What? You mean I can't hop on at Kipling and end up at Viau to visit the Biodome an hour later? There go my weekend plans.

Quickie map (click, then again for big):

Notes:

-Trenched/at grade extension along railway corridor, tunnel only required to duck under the railway tracks into Sherway station
-Sherway goes underneath the parking lot of the Sears. It could also be at grade, but it would have to go behind the Sears/Chapters which would make it less accessible on foot
-Kipling GO dismantled, moved to Highway 427 GO, a new accessible platform -- Miway, TTC and GO now all at one station
-Although the station is along the railway corridor, the Highway 427 station building would extend to Dundas St to be more pedestrian accessible (like Miway Square One Term)
-Miway/TTC Express buses no longer have to make long procession to Islington/Kipling and back to the 427
-80 Queensway is replaced by Streetcar/LRT

-123 Shorncliffe is put out of its misery for being a dumb route. Replaced by 121 to Long Branch and 111 extension.
-Possible on-street connection to Highway 427 station for 111 extension as it runs to Sherway station
-30 is extended to new station to retain local service on Dundas, is extended on the other end to Dundas West to replace the 40
-Assumes some fare integration so people on the 4 Sherway can transfer to Highway 427 Station
-112 extended to serve a long ignored stretch of road
-Bus bays at Kipling converted into 60ft bays, consuming the new spares
-Bus terminal replaced at Islington

I figure it could be done for under a billion and really improve the area.

Back