News   Jul 22, 2024
 563     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 624     0 

Transit City: Sheppard East Debate

When do we know the platform of these shmucks running for office?

I would be quite happy if they extend the subway to warden. I look at things this way...

...when they figure out to replace part of the LRT with the subway, at least costs for replacement would be lower as a wider street would allow for cut-cover construction, which is cheaper than TBMing. Still, it's ridiculous...

People we need some action.

We need a site like this...
http://noprorogue.ca

But instead it should be for the sheppard line. Flyers should go all around town, especially along the sheppard line.

We must not be lame spineless peons!

I would support any candidate who had a reasoned transit strategy. That said, it doesn't matter who I support because my postal code is wrong. If you ask me, the whole GTA should vote for Toronto mayor.

Because that would be so different from overwhelming say North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke have in controlling downtown today.

yeah we totally need Mississaugans telling us how to run downtown.

As much as I love it when you show your strikingly anti-suburban bias, how would 600,000-700,000 Mississaugans tell a combined GTA municipality of 5,000,000+ how to run its business? It's only got a tenth of the vote.

As much as I love it when you show your strikingly anti-suburban bias, how would 600,000-700,000 Mississaugans tell a combined GTA municipality of 5,000,000+ how to run its business? It's only got a tenth of the vote.

If they're so insignificant, then why give them a vote?

I'm not anti-suburban. Well I am, but still... Ask a Mississauga resident if Torontonians should vote for their mayor, you'll get the same reaction.

Metrolinx itself gets its funding from the province. Maybe each region can retain its relative independence and identity even if the 10 different transit systems in the GTAH are almagamated , but each city still retain its own municipal mayor to help run thing that aren't as regional, like when a water main breaks and such. I am just saying that some things make sense almagating and most things should stay local.

I would support any candidate who had a reasoned transit strategy. That said, it doesn't matter who I support because my postal code is wrong. If you ask me, the whole GTA should vote for Toronto mayor.

But, first, we all vote for the U.S. president.

yeah we totally need Mississaugans telling us how to run downtown.

Mr Miller, tear down these GO trains!

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. :D)

Metrolinx itself gets its funding from the province. Maybe each region can retain its relative independence and identity even if the 10 different transit systems in the GTAH are almagamated , but each city still retain its own municipal mayor to help run thing that aren't as regional, like when a water main breaks and such. I am just saying that some things make sense almagating and most things should stay local.

For regional transit, sure. But there's nothing Mississauga can teach the TTC about local transit. Maybe they should get MT in order before criticizing the TTC?

Back