707     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Not surprising, the TTC has always been heavy on consultants, but the question is, is there enough TTC staff to do all the work? and do we really want the same people responsible for the screw ups on St Clair to be designing the TC lines?

You know the joke about how corporate boardrooms spend millions to hire consultants to determine the source of their problems? It's true with the TTC as well.

We have the population to justify those 3 lines.
1-DRL
2-100% Sheppard
3-Eglington

This should be a new theme when approaching Transit City hardliners to negotiate. DRL, Sheppard, and Eglinton subway - LRT everywhere else.

I'd swap SRT subway replacement for Eglinton subway. If they build it right, Eglinton's a reasonable spot for an LRT line.

I'd be willing to opt for a truncated Eglinton subway (Jane-Don Mills) as opposed to the full cross town route just to make sure that it is built right. It would save money on Eglinton which could be redirected towards finishing the Sheppard line.

this jsut came to my mind and might have been mentioned before don't know, but why doesn't the eglinton crosstown jst expand off of the current scarborough rail line but just instead of ending at Kennedy continue al lthe way to the airport I think this would both make LRT lovers happy and subway lovers happy at the same time :) just a thought, cuz i believe skytrain technology is faster than LRT is it not?

No one likes the Scarborough RT. It is not a light rail line. It combines the deficiencies of both subway and LRT, and does not contain the benefits of either. In fact the TTC WILL have to dismantle it by 2015 (due to the wearing out of parts which Bombardier no longer produces) and replace it with either LRT, or Mark II. It remains to be seen which they will do.

but like what if they revamp it like the Vancouver lines and then extend it through Eglinton eh eh? :p

The preferred option seems to be to interline the Scarborough RT alignment with the Eglinton line. It appears that they will use the same technology and it appears that the technology will be conventional light rail transit.

The preferred option seems to be to interline the Scarborough RT alignment with the Eglinton line. It appears that they will use the same technology and it appears that the technology will be conventional light rail transit.

soryr if this is annyoign but like reading this forum I ALLWAYS get confused on whether Skytrain is considered Light rail or hevy rail, and when you say Eglinton will be light rail do you mean LRT stretcar technology or like I guess faster Light rail technology?

soryr if this is annyoign but like reading this forum I ALLWAYS get confused on whether Skytrain is considered Light rail or hevy rail, and when you say Eglinton will be light rail do you mean LRT stretcar technology or like I guess faster Light rail technology?

Fair comment. When I say Light Rail i mean streetcar-like vehicles which can run in transit-only lanes, among other places. I consider Skytrain to be a mini-metro system as it can't run in transit-only lanes.

Back