624     0 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
Fine, you tell me how stopping every 2 to 4 blocks, for all crosswalks, and waiting for advanced green lights for cars represents "rapid" transit, I'm all ears.
BTW......don't say that TC isn't suppose to be true tapid transit as it is the TTC and City that keep insisting it is.

The light rail vehicles would not have to stop at intersections EVER.Incase you missed the message the first time here it is again:

The light rail vehicles would not have to stop at intersections EVER.

I'm getting tired of having to explain this to you people.

And yes, Transit City was technically rapid transit. If you did some research about LRT technology before posting you would understand that.

TheTigerMaster, you're reminding me of an experience I had this past summer. I was travelling through Spain and Portugal and on a two day stop in Porto, I used their LRT system. I was wowed. It runs in dense urban streets with its own right of way and it never once stopped other than at designated stops. It was just as fast as a subway but a lot more pleasant because you have something to look out the window at. I recall being so sad because at the time it seemed that Toronto had missed the opportunity to get such a system citywide with Transit City but tomorrow that can all be revived. Exciting!

A few pages back in this thread (at least I think it was this thread), there was talk about how much of a hypocrite Royson James is. That may partially be my fault, I sent him an email a few years back explaining to him how LRT is not streetcars, and how Transit City is more of a combination of the two rather than a true LRT.

Tiger Master, don't be so hard on ssiguy, you two actually have a lot in common. For example, both of you want to see whatever is built to be rapid transit, and not something which stops every few hundred metres.

Does anyone think that the Waterfront LRT will be restored for the Pan Am Games in 2015?

I believe the Queens Quay West portion will be done by 2015, but I am pretty sure the Eastern portion is still awaiting funding. I believe the EA is done on the Eastern portion though, so you never know, it could happen.

The light rail vehicles would not have to stop at intersections EVER.Incase you missed the message the first time here it is again:

The light rail vehicles would not have to stop at intersections EVER.

I don't mean to stir the pot anymore than I have recently, but where exactly did it explicitly say in any document that TC vehicles will never stop at a streetlight? I've read through all the TC reports and can't recall seeing this. And I'm fairly confident I would have remembered if I had.

Back