2.1K     4 

Transit City Plan

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I really like the clause that Stintz put into her omnibus. I agree with 3 of the 4 TC lines, but I think that the SELRT is so fundamentally flawed that it should stay on the cutting room floor.

I read through the Chong report today, and I have to say that as much as I don't think there's much demand for a subway east of Vic Park, they did raise some very valid points as to why the SELRT was a flawed project from the beginning.

I think that an $800 million extension to Vic Park that can be open by 2019 is worth going for.

Hmm... looks like I may have been mistaken. Now my question is how does Mr. Ford plan to make the citizens commissioners. He obviously doesn't have the political support. Seems like another loosing battle.
How does Mr. Ford plan? That is the question, really.

How did he plan to continue his mandate, after he stabbed Stintz in the back?

How did he expect to pay for Sheppard when he philosophically objects to the funding tools Chong proposes?

The extreme lack of political savvy is ... well it's just amazing.

How did he expect to pay for Sheppard when he philosophically objects to the funding tools Chong proposes?

Like usual Ford was probably planning to bully councillors to get their vote.

Sorry to be crass, he got owned due to his lack of forsight.

Norm Kelly does not believe in democracy. He once said the city will follow Ford's plan, regardless of the vote, despite the fact that Kelly voted in favour of Transit City seven times before.

Giorgio Mammoliti does not believe in democracy. He called Janet Davis a communist and other leftists communists on Fakebook as well, despite the fact that he used to be a member of the provincial NDP.

Rob Ford does not believe in democracy. He called Josh Matlow two steps to the left of Joe Stalin on a local radio talk show, despite the fact that Matlow is a centrist.

The three, as well as Rob Ford's puppeteer brother and Doug Holyday and some members of Ford Nation (especially those lurking in online comments of mainstream newspapers and major social networks), believe that bullying "lieberals," "libtards," "pinko kooks," "bleeding-hearts," "lefties," and "commies," is the way to go. This is why I stopped reading them. I do not want my intelligence insulted or my privacy compromised.

If the Ford "twins," Holyday, Kelly, Mammoliti, and some members of Ford Nation were to rule the world, it will be an Orwellian world with Bangkok-like traffic congestion, with people who disagree with them being re-educated or attacked mercilessly. Everyone will be intoxicated to the point that His Worship becomes a Cult of Personality. This is why democracy is very important for the people of Toronto and Transit City has been backed by over 50% of city council, and it is well thought and well researched. Developing constructive critical thinking skills is one of the best way to prevent fascist dictatorships, since it allows people to see through simple slogans and encourage them to do thorough research. Wikipedia is a good website however, since it is used for research, aims to be as neutral as possible, and promotes a true sense of democracy, since bigoted comments (from any political angle even) are removed rather promptly and those who write these comments get blocked very often.

Last edited:
These are the councillors on my good list. Make sure they're re-elected next election (especially ms. Stintz)
petition.jpg

I really like the clause that Stintz put into her omnibus. I agree with 3 of the 4 TC lines, but I think that the SELRT is so fundamentally flawed that it should stay on the cutting room floor.

I read through the Chong report today, and I have to say that as much as I don't think there's much demand for a subway east of Vic Park, they did raise some very valid points as to why the SELRT was a flawed project from the beginning.

I think that an $800 million extension to Vic Park that can be open by 2019 is worth going for.

I think we should at least get shovels in the ground for getting Sheppard done to Vic Park as soon as TBMs from TYSSE and/or Eglinton are available. And it'd be nice if we could just leave them in the ground digging and hopefully more funding will pop up by then.

But I agree, the SELRT is the worst part of TC, the rest I don't mind as much.

I'd really like to get the BD line extended to STC though.

These are the councillors on my good list. Make sure they're re-elected next election (especially ms. Stintz)
petition.jpg
At least where I live, my local councillors, Josh Colle (geographically) and Joe Mihevc (close geographically), are on the list, which is very good, not only for me, but for the entire city.

Back