News   Apr 19, 2024
 376     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 698     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 744     1 

Toronto's best residential streets

my favourites are probably Markham between Harbord and College, as well as Palmerston from Bloor to Harbord. The whole cabbagetown area is very nice too.

For a little further flung location, Beechwood crescent in Newmarket is full of larger lot houses with massive 100+ year old trees. Its amazing, and walking distance to the old downtown too.

Last edited:
My fav residential street is High Park Avenue. Terminates at High Park on one end and dundas in the junction at the other. Great mix of rental towers, condo towers, community housing, mansions, and and rental units that is rare to find all on one street. The lots are also huge and have a huge arcade of trees to go along with it.

My fav commercial strip is dundas in little portugal, between landsdowne and ossington. Because of the angle, there is an amazing terminal view of the downtown skyline when walking east. The retail stock is quintessentially toronto for me and it's what queen west looked like 15 years ago and is becoming more and more rare.

well this guy agrees with me at least: https://www.thestar.com/business/re...gh-park-ave-may-be-torontos-ideal-street.html

Of course! It's been a while since I've been in Cabbagetown, so I was reluctant to name a particular street there.
As a longtime Cabbagetowner I do wish our streets weren't as militarily straight, since it encourages cars to both transit through the area around congestion on Gerrard and Parliament and to drive too fast. My favourite residential streets are the curvy ones that seemingly give no advantage to those seeking to avoid congestion.

As a longtime Cabbagetowner I do wish our streets weren't as militarily straight, since it encourages cars to both transit through the area around congestion on Gerrard and Parliament and to drive too fast. My favourite residential streets are the curvy ones that seemingly give no advantage to those seeking to avoid congestion.

We have an ugly-duckling house on a tiny, low traffic Cabbagetown alleyway. Sometimes I see the grand houses on Carlton, Sumach, Sackville etc and get jealous...but then I remember the traffic issue you mention, and remember we're happy right where we are :)

We have an ugly-duckling house on a tiny, low traffic Cabbagetown alleyway. Sometimes I see the grand houses on Carlton, Sumach, Sackville etc and get jealous...but then I remember the traffic issue you mention, and remember we're happy right where we are :)
Nice. I love the hidden away homes in CT.

I suppose it could be worse for me. here's where I used to live, Killearn Road, SE6. Dead straight roads, and where the heck are the trees?

streetview

You don't know how lucky you are to live in Toronto with all it's beautiful streets and homes. Vancouver use to have many but nearly all have been destroyed over the last 30 years, a whopping 30,000 SFH have been whiped out all replaced by homes with no relation to the neighbourhood, probably no one living in them, but no doubt all having the proper Feng Shui.

You don't know how lucky you are to live in Toronto with all it's beautiful streets and homes. Vancouver use to have many but nearly all have been destroyed over the last 30 years, a whopping 30,000 SFH have been whiped out all replaced by homes with no relation to the neighbourhood, probably no one living in them

Actually, most of us live in condominium and apartment buildings...

You don't know how lucky you are to live in Toronto with all it's beautiful streets and homes. Vancouver use to have many but nearly all have been destroyed over the last 30 years, a whopping 30,000 SFH have been whiped out all replaced by homes with no relation to the neighbourhood, probably no one living in them, but no doubt all having the proper Feng Shui.

What an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

No it's not, it's simply the truth. Vancouver has almost no heritage designated sites, very few homes, no district with heritage designation, and the heritage registry hasn't been updated since the early 1980s. Vancouver has allowed wholesale destruction of tens of thousands of housing often very beautiful and sound one's for the sole reason of allowing money laundering and flipping to keep the economy rolling and government coffers full. As for the proper Feng Shiu, there are no new houses built in the city without it as real estate agents and developers will attest to.

Enjoyed reading this thread. I noticed someone mentioned Evans Ave, are there two Evans Avenues in Toronto? The Evans Ave in South Etobicoke is very industrial, not what I would consider a "best" street.

There's another Evans Avenue in Bloor West Village (Bloor/Jane area)

Back