Toronto ZEN King West | 103.02m | 31s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

5 buildings sounds like a lot, but that in itself doesn't add significant traffic in practice. Plus there are relief roads on both sides of Strachan (one on the Garrison Point side north of Ordnance and the other to be built y the rail corridor going into LV.

Many back alleys in Toronto are the homes to multiple parking garages, including, one in which I currently live where there are 5 separate condo parking garages with one feasible exit. It's uncommon to even see a second vehicle while I am going in or out although it does happen. Congestion never happens even with 5 buildings. Double it to 10 and you are still good.

Aha, got it. Thanks your information. Look like that two building wont block too much lake view from south side.
I was driving around there today. Seen like this crossroad is extermly busy right now. 5 Condo is under construction.
I have concern that will the roads at there could handle the traffic in the furture? Almost all the roads only have two lines, and road parking at both roadside.

Some pictures took at today.

Jan 8 2020
20200108_094636.jpg

Attachments

• 20200108_094637.jpg
    20200108_094637.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Really Centrecourt, you couldnt have done any better than that huge black spandrel wall that's fronting Strachan?
Exactly, that's there this becomes a fail. They have not even continued the mullion lines from the section to the north across the spandrel wall: that would have been step one in correcting this mess.
1580233564951.png

Shot by @drum118

Disappointing indeed. Especially when the tower portion above has been fairly well executed IMO. They should have taken a lesson from River City in the way it handled a similar street/bridge transition:

1580234531784.png

Hopefully ZEN's fraternal twin to the south ends up resolving the spandrel wall more subtly :

1580234899300.png

Back