Toronto Yonge Sheppard Centre Renovations and Expansion | 123.13m | 35s | RioCan | BDP Quadrangle

Pips;
I'm aware of the separate ownership but many do think that Riocan owns the entire property. What areas do you think are a little testy?
Kin Kin has a good variety of buns, cakes, muffins, egg tarts, dim sum, cheesecake, ice cream and bubble tea. I had a coffee and bun on a break and it was delicious.
DSCN0488.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0488.JPG
    DSCN0488.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 626
The "testy" thing is really just heresay. Once I suggested to our superintendents that it would be a good idea to tile the pillars in the walkway to the mall because kids keep smashing holes in the drywall and in time I thought it would pay for itself in terms of less repairs and it would look much better. I was told that Axes Investments actually have the tiles and offered them for free but RioCan refused to go ahead. I got the distict feeling that there was quite a bit of tension between them. Once the mall renovations begun we expected to get regular updates but never have. Again the vibe was that RioCan was not forthcoming and our property mangers had no idea of how things were proceeding and hence could not keep us informed.

IMG_9075.JPG
IMG_9077.JPG
IMG_9076.JPG
IMG_9074.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9075.JPG
    IMG_9075.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_9077.JPG
    IMG_9077.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 575
  • IMG_9076.JPG
    IMG_9076.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_9074.JPG
    IMG_9074.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 550
Ed;
Here are some "high" shots to enhance your ground level photos. Roofing has started on the loading docks with hot torched rolls of modified bitumen being applied.
DSCN0490.JPG
DSCN0491.JPG
DSCN0493.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0490.JPG
    DSCN0490.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCN0491.JPG
    DSCN0491.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 567
  • DSCN0493.JPG
    DSCN0493.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 545
C'mon down to the Sheppard Centre A&W on Sat. July 14 (or any A&W near you) for free root-beer all day. I'll pick up the tab.

The dream of a LCBO store is officially finished. They were in negotiation to lease the entire 19,000 sq. ft. retail section on Sheppard Ave. (now divided into units 215, 216, 217) but after checking the logistics of moving stock from the north side loading docks to the south side store, they decided it was too difficult. They couldn't park a trailer on Sheppard Ave. and off-load through the front door. They also cited insufficient storage space. Over at Emerald Park, the LCBO pulled the blinds down leaving the shelves and counters to gather dust. The rumor now is that the Beer store may be coming to the Sheppard Centre but Riocan is not talking. There's also a close Beer Store at Willowdale Ave. so time will tell.
The latest timetable says that Freshii, Purdy's and Potatopia will open in the fall.

The dream of a LCBO store is officially finished. They were in negotiation to lease the entire 19,000 sq. ft. retail section on Sheppard Ave. (now divided into units 215, 216, 217) but after checking the logistics of moving stock from the north side loading docks to the south side store, they decided it was too difficult. They couldn't park a trailer on Sheppard Ave. and off-load through the front door. They also cited insufficient storage space. Over at Emerald Park, the LCBO pulled the blinds down leaving the shelves and counters to gather dust. The rumor now is that the Beer store may be coming to the Sheppard Centre but Riocan is not talking. There's also a close Beer Store at Willowdale Ave. so time will tell.
The latest timetable says that Freshii, Purdy's and Potatopia will open in the fall.

Locally, LCBO seems more focused on suing Metro - their EmeraldPark landlord - for not opening (missed synergy). LCBO would have a strong case for renovation cost and lost profit all these years,....

It's ridiculous when the LCBO at Bayview Village is set to open a new store in couple of months.

It's ridiculous when the LCBO at Bayview Village is set to open a new store in couple of months.

Bayview Ave is 2km from Yonge St (ie: 30 minute walk).

What’s ridiculous is having 65,000 people living in the high-density North York Centre Secondary Plan area (Yonge corridor between 401 to Finch Hydro Corridor), 80,000 people within 1km walking distance to Yonge Street in North York,..... all served by a tiny hole in the wall LCBO store at EmpressWalk.

Look downtown, there’s about 15 LCBO within 2km radius of Yonge-Dundas Square.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 4.10.11 PM.png

Are these rental townhouses? Curious if anyone has some info for the new residential units at Yonge Sheppard Centre..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 4.10.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 4.10.11 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 874
Last edited:
They are rental replacement townhouses for the ones that were demolished for the project, from my understanding.

Edit: nope, they already existed. They have just been cleaned up.

Back