Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

This discussion thread has gone so dead I really had to hunt to find it.

Anyways, our Premier hasn't forgotten about this extension.

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2017/01/enhanced-gas-tax-program.html

- Paul
It shouldn't be that hard to find this thread. You can just click the "Search Forums" button and type "Yonge North Subway" and tick off "Seach Titles Only" and this thread will be the first (and only) result.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Federal and maybe Provincial Government put this project higher on the list than DRL Long (maybe even Short!) since it's not "another Subway in downtown".

With a closer look, the DRL isn't even in the list of transit projects!!!!

It shouldn't be that hard to find this thread. You can just click the "Search Forums" button and type "Yonge North Subway" and tick off "Seach Titles Only" and this thread will be the first (and only) result.

If I search for "Line 1 Extension to Richmond Hill", will it still be the only result?

She made the announcement in Richmond Hill yesterday. The mention of the subway moving forward somehow is the only thing that could have salvaged that hypocritical travesty for me. Never came.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Federal and maybe Provincial Government put this project higher on the list than DRL Long (maybe even Short!) since it's not "another Subway in downtown".

With a closer look, the DRL isn't even in the list of transit projects!!!!
You must be dreaming. Liberals can make announcements all they want. Subways are part of ttc and they cannot force ttc to build a subway into richmondhill. Why doesn't richmondhill build their own subways.

Is that to Leo or me?
Also, why are you (presumably) pasting sentiments that could be on the first page of the thread?

Why doesn't RH build its own subway? Really?

And if you didn't (re) learn a cruel lesson yesterday about the legislative relationship between Toronto and Ontario, I can't offer help.

You must be dreaming. Liberals can make announcements all they want. Subways are part of ttc and they cannot force ttc to build a subway into richmondhill. Why doesn't richmondhill build their own subways.
What part of my reply does your reply talk about?

If Wynne can force Toronto's vote by promising funds for transit that can only occur if she gets devoted and rejecting road tolls, then of course she can make the TTC extend Yonge North of Steeles in order to be eligible for funding.

Richmond Hill can build their own subways, but that would be a pain because it must follow every regulation the TTC has for subways and stations. I would think RH could fund the construction AND operation costs but let the TTC operate it, but this would be a very unlikely thing to happen.

And it's not just Richmond Hill building subways, more like York Region, as the extension will go through Vaughan, Markham, and Richmond Hill (and obviously Toronto).

What part of my reply does your reply talk about?

If Wynne can force Toronto's vote by promising funds for transit that can only occur if she gets devoted and rejecting road tolls, then of course she can make the TTC extend Yonge North of Steeles in order to be eligible for funding.

Richmond Hill can build their own subways, but that would be a pain because it must follow every regulation the TTC has for subways and stations. I would think RH could fund the construction AND operation costs but let the TTC operate it, but this would be a very unlikely thing to happen.

And it's not just Richmond Hill building subways, more like York Region, as the extension will go through Vaughan, Markham, and Richmond Hill (and obviously Toronto).
Which highway extension?

She made the announcement in Richmond Hill yesterday. The mention of the subway moving forward somehow is the only thing that could have salvaged that hypocritical travesty for me. Never came.

You know for a fact that Yonge North cannot happen until the relief line is in place. What did you expect?

You know for a fact that Yonge North cannot happen until the relief line is in place. What did you expect?

She was pandering to the 905 municipalities yesterday, spinning the toll cancellation as a boon to transit investment everywhere. She could easily have thrown a bone in that direction. She was up there, standing alongside the chair of York Region and the mayors of RH and Markham, among others. Plus she was pissing off John Tory, so why not announce she's forcing TTC to build a subway to her hometown in the process?

(In answer to TigerMaster catching up, she made the tolls/gas tax announcement at Viva's garage in Richmond Hill.)

And again, if you think something "cannot happen" until X or Y, you haven't been paying attention to the past 10 years or so of travel planning.

Like, try "The Gardiner Hybrid cannot be built until Toronto has tolls generating enough money for the city to pay its share." Or "The city cannot approve a subway line without securing funding and while simultaneously voting down revenue tools."

Even if I agreed that the DRL "shouldn't" be built before the YNSE or (as TTC says, that it "can't") that still doesn't mean it won't. But if you're suggesting Richmond Hill - which would stand to get something like 200m of the subway extension - should build its own system, the practical realities of the situation don't mean much anyway.

Point is, nothing happened yesterday. It means York Region and Toronto will have more gas tax money - by 2022!- but nothing tangible as it relates to this thread.

She was pandering to the 905 municipalities yesterday, spinning the toll cancellation as a boon to transit investment everywhere. She could easily have thrown a bone in that direction. She was up there, standing alongside the chair of York Region and the mayors of RH and Markham, among others. Plus she was pissing off John Tory, so why not announce she's forcing TTC to build a subway to her hometown in the process?

(In answer to TigerMaster catching up, she made the tolls/gas tax announcement at Viva's garage in Richmond Hill.)

And again, if you think something "cannot happen" until X or Y, you haven't been paying attention to the past 10 years or so of travel planning.

Like, try "The Gardiner Hybrid cannot be built until Toronto has tolls generating enough money for the city to pay its share." Or "The city cannot approve a subway line without securing funding and while simultaneously voting down revenue tools."

Even if I agreed that the DRL "shouldn't" be built before the YNSE or (as TTC says, that it "can't") that still doesn't mean it won't. But if you're suggesting Richmond Hill - which would stand to get something like 200m of the subway extension - should build its own system, the practical realities of the situation don't mean much anyway.

Point is, nothing happened yesterday. It means York Region and Toronto will have more gas tax money - by 2022!- but nothing tangible as it relates to this thread.
She might lose, and then Salsa would be right? What then?

Back