Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The Nepits foundation proposed replacing the sheppard subay with the skytrain and keeping the RT

Josh Matlow, today wants to reopen the scarborough subway battle.
The Neptis report is great fodder for this forum, but it's another private foundation study that will probably be forgotten soon enough.

Matlow's been yapping about the LRT/subway in Scarborough for months. What's so different about his yapping now?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-a-subway-premier-wynne-says/article16411211/
Kathleen Wynne is warning that York Region will not get an extension of the Yonge subway line if her party loses power.

With her Liberals locked in a tight by-election race for the Toronto-area seat of Thornhill, the Ontario Premier blitzed the riding on Monday, meeting with community groups, mainstreeting at a mall and pumping up candidate Sandra Yeung Racco’s volunteers.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-a-subway-premier-wynne-says/article16411211/
Kathleen Wynne is warning that York Region will not get an extension of the Yonge subway line if her party loses power.

With her Liberals locked in a tight by-election race for the Toronto-area seat of Thornhill, the Ontario Premier blitzed the riding on Monday, meeting with community groups, mainstreeting at a mall and pumping up candidate Sandra Yeung Racco’s volunteers.

As a province, we can't afford any more of these buy-elections. Seems the strategy is to promise subways to any riding in a mid-term vote! ;)

She's saying that without the transit taxes they may lose it, she's not promising new funding..

Then if I was a voter there (I am not) i would pin her on how she is going to deal with her own transit panel's reccomendations...because they too left this particular subway off its list of projects. Not my area/issue but my interest in politics tells me she is walking a pretty fine line there.

We need a buy-election for every riding in downtown and East York if that's what it takes to finally get the DRL started.

We need a buy-election for every riding in downtown and East York if that's what it takes to finally get the DRL started.

There is bound to be one in Scarborough-Agincourt and then we will start talking about the Sheppard subway again (just like we changed LRT to subway when there was a by-election in Scarborough-Guildwood).

There is bound to be one in Scarborough-Agincourt and then we will start talking about the Sheppard subway again (just like we changed LRT to subway when there was a by-election in Scarborough-Guildwood).

Kidding aside....these will be the last by-elections before the general election.

Presuming there even is one this spring, the liberals can still post 3 more budgets before they actually have to go to the polls. The papers are all predicting an election, but they did that last year as well.

Back