Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The 5 stages of architectural mania:

1 - City Announcement: "Found this - now this looks promising."
2 - Elevation Drawing: "Uh-oh. I don't know about this one."
3 - Rendering: "Looks good! Even the box/precast positively glows"
4 - Construction: "Why is this taking so long? This is ridiculous. Is that the final cladding?"
5 - Finished Product: "(sigh) Well, not bad, but it could be better. I need a drink."

Last edited:

4 - Construction: "Why is this taking so long? This is ridiculous. Is that the final cladding?"
5 - Finished Product: "(sigh) Well, not bad, but it could be better. I need a drink."

Hahaha:D.....good one CN.

Funny how we can make concrete decisions on this building based on elevation drawings, yet when 501 was released it was WAIT NO THIS IS JUST ELEVATION YOU CAN'T MAKE JUDGEMENTS YET..

Hahaha. Absolute truth.

So for now: Uh-oh. I don't know about this one.

The design review panel seemed happy with their improvements to Aura, as did the original architect. The problem, in this boomtown where new towers are popping up like mushrooms, is that the design review process hasn't been expanded. We can't just rely on good architects doing good buildings - we also need to prevent bad architecture from happening to good cities.

Thank you for your opinion urbandreamer, but it is not one supported by any facts.

As seen here; http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/18161-Your-Favorite-u-c-Highrise-Project, Aura is by far the most favored new building rising in the city today according to UT forum members.

And the endless tirade of the same sounding, generic, lowest common denominator pop heard on Top 40 stations is extremely popular and liked by a majority of people. Doesn't mean it's actually good music though.

^^ How is that "facts?" Just opinions to me.

Aura is current by far the most favored new project as selected by UT forum members. That is a fact, not an opinion.
30 people out of 95 voted for it. That is a statistic. Statistics aren't opinions they are facts.
Those are the facts that I am referring to, is that clear now?

Now are the opinions of those 30 people facts as well? Obviously not.

But the opinion of 30 people carries far more weight than the opinions of a hand full of individuals here who seem to be under the erroneous impression that their opinions hold more weight than the norm.

Doesn't mean it's actually good music though.

Again that's your opinion. Fact remains that a greater percentage of the population is in favor of such music over any other genre.

Last edited:

Back