Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Today, this building hasn’t even had its windows cleaned yet since being built. It is a mess, it really is. The sidewalks are still not done.
12F4D3F0-7029-493B-B2E9-BCB2A5E7F103.jpeg
7809050C-BD6B-4D89-8904-27F69283ADCC.jpeg
0CD04D00-D593-45FC-9D4E-B9731A7849A5.jpeg
04295390-9494-4853-84C6-FC96B0A32FAA.jpeg

Today, this building hasn’t even had its windows cleaned yet since being built. It is a mess, it really is. The sidewalks are still not done.View attachment 317654View attachment 317655View attachment 317656View attachment 317657

The sidewalk thing is annoying.

I believe they will be done this year though. (hopefully)

I noted in this post:

That there is a line item for Yonge/Grenville streetscape improvements in this year's budget, in the amount of $547,000

So hopefully it gets done and looks like nice too!

The sidewalk thing is annoying.

I believe they will be done this year though. (hopefully)

I noted in this post:

That there is a line item for Yonge/Grenville streetscape improvements in this year's budget, in the amount of $547,000

So hopefully it gets done and looks like nice too!
I sure hope you’re right. I have to walk on that strip of Yonge on a daily basis coming and going to work. I‘m so tired of seeing that mess. I also feel bad for the residents who live in that building, I can’ to imagine how awful it is to look through dirty windows all the time.

I sure hope you’re right. I have to walk on that strip of Yonge on a daily basis coming and going to work. I‘m so tired of seeing that mess. I also feel bad for the residents who live in that building, I can’ to imagine how awful it is to look through dirty windows all the time.

IF the project goes ahead; I'm pretty sure that won't include washing the windows; that's up to the condo board!

Oh, great, the anodized grey aluminium panels are a huge improvement over the painted grey HSS tubing...

I don't get it. Even something as simple as a stainless panel along there would make a big difference. Or black anodized panels instead of grey. Why spend the money for panels that look almost indistinguishable from the steel frame?

I don't get it. Even something as simple as a stainless panel along there would make a big difference. Or black anodized panels instead of grey. Why spend the money for panels that look almost indistinguishable from the steel frame?

Cost money, and requires a good sense of aesthetics - the latter is especially bereft.

AoD

Canderel is a joke. Just plain and simply, it's clear they dont care about their projects and will "100% complete" them whenever they feel like it.

Worth noting, I already emailed Wong-Tam's office, and got a run-around.

But I also noted Yonge-Grenville streetscaping work in the budget for this year. Which I previously posted.

However, I just checked TOInview, and there is no construction showing for this area, by Transportation, Eco. Dev, Planning, or third parties. (for either 2021 or 2022)

Back