Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

They are replacing damaged granite now. Still no clean windows or sidewalk. 😢
D5B7A1E2-5455-4C94-AE0B-60039E602C84.jpeg
A8911C42-6BBC-42E0-BAF5-5172E9B4671A.jpeg
22FF42C8-C9A8-40BA-88F1-5D7A86A7E337.jpeg

From November 9th, 2021:

1636493909221.png

I inquired w/workers on-site. This will not be granite, nor brick, nor feature any trees, we are getting 100% quality concrete, and that's it...........pffft.

Wow… so it’s going to go from absolute bargain basement temporary asphalt sidewalk to zero effort given concrete sidewalk with no design features or landscaping?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. (Though I am not surprised in the slightest; and I appreciate @Northern Light ’s investigative efforts!)

Wow… so it’s going to go from absolute bargain basement temporary asphalt sidewalk to zero effort given concrete sidewalk with no design features or landscaping?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. (Though I am not surprised in the slightest; and I appreciate @Northern Light ’s investigative efforts!)

The concrete sidewalk is pretty much standard - it was the least disappointing aspect of this project.

AoD

The concrete sidewalk is pretty much standard - it was the least disappointing aspect of this project.

AoD
True enough, and I don’t have any issue with using concrete for sidewalks - but I don’t think it’s too much to ask that they include something to break up a large expanse of it. Whether that be some trees or trim or what have you.

Yonge Street as a whole is a write off until it is reconstructed as part of the Yonge TOmorrow study.

Tender & Construction is slated for 2023-2025 but that may be the first phase.

Basically, we have to wait another 10 years before expecting a better streetscape in this part of town.

Yonge Street as a whole is a write off until it is reconstructed as part of the Yonge TOmorrow study.

Tender & Construction is slated for 2023-2025 but that may be the first phase.

Basically, we have to wait another 10 years before expecting a better streetscape in this part of town.

The 2023-2025 project only goes as far north as College/Carlton.

The second phase will follow shortly thereafter, possibly as soon as 2026.....but that's ambitious......

At any rate, that project will likely be a 3-year window too. So best case for phase 2 (College to Davenport) is 2026-2028.

That said, I don't see any reason they couldn't incorporate some basic streetscape elements at this stage.

But, I must say, I noted with interest that Gloucester has joined Teahouse in having a very spare streetscape on the Yonge frontage.
I don't even see the plugs for standard streetlights that were installed as part of the Five development.

I'm actually curious to know what the streetlighting plans is adjacent to those developments.

Back