Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The Yonge St. strip is a dump. I think the main argument isn't whether it's acceptable in its current state, but whether improving it should involve rebuilding it with condos in the way we're seeing.

Either way, I wrote Yonge St. off years ago. I don't have the patience for being accosted.

From today.
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg
IMG_0504.jpg
IMG_0505.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 241
The Yonge St. strip is a dump. I think the main argument isn't whether it's acceptable in its current state, but whether improving it should involve rebuilding it with condos in the way we're seeing.

Either way, I wrote Yonge St. off years ago. I don't have the patience for being accosted.

Once all the yuppie/Millenials move in, the street will improve out of necessity (wider sidewalks, bike lanes, possible conversion to pedestrian only)

This one is all coming down to the cladding... Like Massey Tower, I'm kinda excited for the first reveal... Hoping not to be disappointed...

I can't decide which I like more at street level on Yonge, dollar stores and discount jeans store tenants in dilapidated two-store commercial buildings or the street frontage created by our new condo buildings and their commercial tenants? I'm not joking either, I really can't say what I think creates a better streetscape.

Some condo projects have managed to preserve or recreate some of the original character of previous structures or at least reinvent them in an attractive way- such as the neighbouring Karma. I find these projects an improvement. I wouldn't want to see the Lennox rowhouses replaced with a characterless podium, but I don't think I'll miss that stretch that the Teahouse condos are replacing.

Back