Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

If there's disagreement over buildings in the 50-60 floor range, how did Aura get everything the devs asked for? It's nowhere near the CBD and will stick out like a sore thumb. With an 75-storey neighbour, what's all the fuss about 50-storey buildings?

wont be aura 2. the site is not that big. 65 max

ya nothing has really come out with regards to this projects height or anything yet. will be curious to see what they have in plans. I know a few canderel employees who usually get early employee options so will be curious to see what comes up.

M-H ain't comin' down but I couldn't agree more, a high-end highrise above College Park that would use real stone to match the base & art deco design (no, I'm not stoned!). OK, I'm dreaming but it's fun to dream sometimes.

I agree. Even something like 1 king. With Carlu there, it would truly be an impressive address/ site. Does anyone know if the new condos on Yonge are going to have a PATH rough in for when they finally connect?

Last edited by a moderator:
About the earlier comment about making CP into a highrise (i messed up the quotation link)

Blame the stock market crash in 1929 otherwise CP would have been something much better. IIRC the original plan for College Park when construction started in 1928 called for 38 stories
here is the original 1928 "render" haha

mZgrn6

That story and image is so familiar, it's already been etched into at least one of the College Park entrances (the Winners store?)

No, it was proposed at 38 stories.

This must be the RAW designed tower.

460 YONGE ST

OPA / Rezoning 11 296426 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Oct 20, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building , 60 stories in height complete with 3 levels of commercial/office space, 599 residential units above and 196 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure

Would they close the lane if this and Karma went into construction simultaneously? I am imagining this skinny piece of concrete girded on two sides, feeling a bit treacherous to pass.

It's possible. However, there seem to be several 60 story towers in development, with 199/205 Yonge being another likely example.

It's all good. It amazes me how every year, the bar for height in Toronto keeps getting raised. Back in the early 2000s, even a 30 story building would be a cause for jubilation, then a few years later, the new projects were reaching past 40 storeys, then 50 storeys, then 60 storeys... Now we are starting to see 70 storeys and over, with rumours of 100 storeys and up. It's truly a great time to be a skyscraper junkie in Toronto

This must be the RAW designed tower.

460 YONGE ST

OPA / Rezoning 11 296426 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Oct 20, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a new mixed use building , 60 stories in height complete with 3 levels of commercial/office space, 599 residential units above and 196 parking spaces in a below grade parking structure

Back