Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I was expecting the demolition work to be noisy, but you'd hardly know they were at it and my office is just on the other side of the lane way.

Thanks for the photos, how much time is between your last two photos, a couple hours? That one machine makes pretty steady progress demolishing everything.

I agree! The only one I want to see come down more is the east side of Yonge between Alexander and Maitland. That one can't get demolished fast enough for me.

I visit Papaya Hut and Kathmandu very regularly and will miss them. Not all of these businesses will find new homes nearby. I doubt the new building will have businesses like Papaya Hut or Kathmandu - more likely a Starbucks. Small businesses are what makes a neighbourhood. I agree this is a hideous building and needs to go. I just wish it was being replaced with something that made small businesses possible. With its height it needs a lot of parking and a loading dock. That plus the two lobbies will eat up most of the first floor's space. The multiple restaurant businesses with tables and chairs shown in the render are likely to be one big business, perhaps a Starbucks.

I doubt a Starbucks. There is one across from aura. One right at the corner beside the yc site and another at Wellesley. But I get what you are saying. Some sort of well known chain retail/ restaurant.

I visit Papaya Hut and Kathmandu very regularly and will miss them. Not all of these businesses will find new homes nearby. I doubt the new building will have businesses like Papaya Hut or Kathmandu - more likely a Starbucks. Small businesses are what makes a neighbourhood. I agree this is a hideous building and needs to go. I just wish it was being replaced with something that made small businesses possible. With its height it needs a lot of parking and a loading dock. That plus the two lobbies will eat up most of the first floor's space. The multiple restaurant businesses with tables and chairs shown in the render are likely to be one big business, perhaps a Starbucks.

Papaya Hut and Kathmandu are on the east side of Yonge. TC is on the west side, so those businesses are going away quite yet. However, I believe the Tea House Condos are going where the Papaya Hut and Kathmandu are currently located.

There could be a starbucks lurking around every corner. Be wary at all times, as you never know when one could jump out and attack!

There could be a starbucks lurking around every corner. Be wary at all times, as you never know when one could jump out and attack!

Today I turned my head and saw one at the base of the Ted Rogers Building. I've been there dozens of times and never noticed! It really snuck up on me too. Be wary friends!

20150203_133310.jpg

20150203_133500.jpg

20150203_133529.jpg

Attachments

• 20150203_133310.jpg
    20150203_133310.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,532
  • 20150203_133500.jpg
    20150203_133500.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,519
  • 20150203_133529.jpg
    20150203_133529.jpg