Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Calling it 108 is like calling the CN Tower skypod 147...
CN_Tower_Sky_Pod.jpg

Saying the sky pod is at 147 stories is a big lie. The former WTC at 110 stories reached up that high. It's no more than 115 tops. Also, the Burg Kaifa has an observation deck that I'm sure would be higher than the sky pod.

The fake floors at 1WTC are especially noticeable at night as only the real floors are lit up. It looks ridiculous on the New York skyline imo.

wtcspire8abd333e-7d31-47bf-a7c4-a2239b9e7329.jpg

Why would there be so many mechanical floors all next to each other?

Saying the sky pod is at 147 stories is a big lie. The former WTC at 110 stories reached up that high. It's no more than 115 tops.

The top floors at the Twin Towers were at 411 and 409 m. Furthermore, if you divide 1,465 into 147 stories you get almost 10 foot ceiling heights, I don't know why you would call that a big lie.

Off topic: Yes, the CN Tower is comparing the height of the sky pod to how many storeys a (luxury) residential building would have at that height. Office tower storeys are not as high each, so there are fewer of them. 147 storeys is not a stretch for the sky pod.

Back on topic: I believe that College Park is talking about the relatively privacy of being able to swim in an indoor pool as opposed to how many prying eyes may be overlooking an outdoor podium-top pool in the central city. There's a current discussion in the One Bloor East thread about how many office workers may end up watching sunbathers/swimmers at One Bloor once the rooftop terrace and pools are done. YC's pool means no spying on the scantily clad in comparison!

Back on topic: I believe that College Park is talking about the relatively privacy of being able to swim in an indoor pool as opposed to how many prying eyes may be overlooking an outdoor podium-top pool in the central city. There's a current discussion in the One Bloor East thread about how many office workers may end up watching sunbathers/swimmers at One Bloor once the rooftop terrace and pools are done. YC's pool means no spying on the scantily clad in comparison!

I am not sure the bathers really care. There may be some that have their reservations, but I can speak from experience as I lived in a lower floor at X condo that overlooked the pool area. There were many females that had no problem wearing bikini thongs by the pool area (management did impose a "thong" ban eventually). I, of course, never looked as I am happily married - but these people obviously knew there were people looking at them from adjacent buildings. I would go as far as saying there were many "late night" make out sessions in the jacuzzi. I eventually moved out as I couldn't really enjoy my balcony space with all the debauchery going on :).

Yes, haha. We aren't Brazil. I don't mind over looking a pool, but I'd rather it indoors as it gets cold here in the winter(!!!!!!!) and some people don't want to suntan or lather themselves with sunscreen with an outdoor pool. Indoors seems a lot more practical here. As far as whirlpools go...nothing PG seems to occur with them!

i live in xcondo and have been here for almost 4 years and their is nothing in our bylaws about thongs.

i live in xcondo and have been here for almost 4 years and their is nothing in our bylaws about thongs.

It's in the Rules and Regulations set by the Property Management. View "Terrace Rules and Regulations" - http://xthecondo.ca/index.php/documents-forms

It mentions, "Proper attire shall be worn at all times". I am assuming "thongs" are not proper attire :).

I thought the old WASP, ultra conservative days in Toronto were behind us. Apparently not. I've seen more people at beaches in Ontario that should be banned from wearing the
gear that they do, but thongs aren't one of them. It's only jealousy, that rears it'd head in cases like this. This is from a male perspective of course.

Proper attire does not mean no thongs,their is no dress code and i saw plenty of thongs here last summer and i am ok to look don't have a wife.lol

it says "exterior pool". that is a lie. this is an indoor pool.

Here's another view of the pool. It's definitely unique. My only concern would be any water leakage around the glass but I'm sure they have all that figured out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back