Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I wish more of these new buildings in the vicinity of College Park took inspiration from the same period, and tried to use marble or masonry.

Working on my own edgier version of the design with less of a "gastro-intestinal" look to it.

ScreenShot2012-03-06at123610PM.png

I wish more of these new buildings in the vicinity of College Park took inspiration from the same period, and tried to use marble or masonry.

Especially since some of the art deco elements fit well with a lot of contemporary work. Also, this building completes the intersection and makes it a contained 'room', so having some College Park building design elements continued on that side would give the intersection a more complete feeling. As for the wavy balconies ... the whole concept already feels dated.

Working on my own edgier version of the design with less of a "gastro-intestinal" look to it.

I like that a lot more, especially the sculptural aspect of the balconies at the corner. I think the building would be more interesting with that approach on all four edges.

Better, but it looks like half a snowman or an edamame bean.
Maybe it will look better if the ball pattern alternate from side to side and the projections are more subtle -- the graphic pattern is a little too loud.

I don't think it's too loud - I like it quite a bit actually - but that strikes me as a really good design for the lakefront somewhere. The design suggests billowing sails to me, and waves as well.

I like SP!RE's version a lot more than the current plans....If only developers cared enough about the end result to hold design competitions...of course if they did that they would have to shell out more than the bare minimum......

What I'm finding is that if G+C continued the balcony glass between the actual balconies, as long bands of juliette balconies (like at ICE), along the west and east elevations, we'd be rid of that gastro-intestinal curvy shape that doesn't fit the jagged balconies, but the balconies would still create that cool effect.

I hope I explained that somewhat clearly because I think it's a simple touch that would fix a lot of the issues we don't like in this tower.

If people are just looking to take shots at my very initial design sketch, I can take it down you know! Yeesh.

Back