Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Reminds me of my colonoscopy.

460Yonge2.jpg

Anal Beads Condos

It's a slippery, lubricated slope from the vagina of one bloor to anal beads of this future towering shithole (pardon the pun). Yonge street has always been the taint of Toronto ('taint east, 'taint west) so I guess these archisexual metaphors are fitting.

We just need to move Monarch's tittyscraper from Humber Bay Shores to Yonge Street and the perversion will be complete.

The new headquarters of Crisco Canada?

This design is bad and wrong, quite simply.

They should have just run a wavy break through the balcony line instead of this "ass"ymetrical non-sense. Or perhaps come up with an interesting and appealing design instead of another quasi-Aqua rip-off.

Your criticisms are unfair. Its not a design element, you can see clearly a portion of the balcony at the top collapsed and simply took out sections al the way down. Stuff like that can be fixed.

Lot of people hating this one. While I don't expect a lot from these architects, I'm going to wait until there's a rendering for this one before making any judgements. There's a few details in it that I'd like to see in 3D perspective and colour.

A lot of people are hating this one… yes. To me, this is the single most ominous elevation we have ever seen on UrbanToronto.

Regarding the architects: Graziani + Corazza have been responsible for much of the most forgettable architecture in this city over the last couple of decades - but their designs for some recent buildings do look promising. Many urbantorontoers do like Aura (not me so much), while I'm a fan of Couture and DNA3 and Rise. While we don't all agree on what's good, most of us can find some Graz + C'r'az work that we like.

Dhere though, does anyone really like this anal-beads/puffs-of-smoke/snake-downing-a-couple-mice design though? Whether in 3D in the future or not, I cannot get around how much this looks like Graz + C'ra'z had their kids do it: there doesn't seem to be any discipline or any master plan in this design. While aA continues to practice the less is more philosophy, Wallman and HP are now confidently experimenting in Teeple's more-is-more-so-long-as-it's-disciplined philosophy, and the soon-to-Toronto Bjarke Ingels espouses yes-is-more - Graz n' C'ra'z seem to only be asking a question here instead of making a statement: "uh, should we do a squiggly thing here? something like this?"

No, G+C, no!

Here's hoping a mod comes on and declares "relax, it's only a massing study". Please! Mods?

Last edited:

Back