Toronto YC Condos -- Yonge at College | 198.42m | 62s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This morning.
IMG_6139.jpg
IMG_6140.jpg
IMG_6141.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_6140.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_6141.jpg
    IMG_6141.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 666
OMG! Colored glass! I think they might be breaking a bylaw "Mandate to Keep Toronto Grey".

YC Condos 1.jpg

YC Condos 2.jpg

YC Condos 3.jpg

YC Condos 4.jpg

Attachments

• YC Condos 1.jpg
    YC Condos 1.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 520
  • YC Condos 2.jpg
    YC Condos 2.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 492
  • YC Condos 3.jpg
    YC Condos 3.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 507
  • YC Condos 4.jpg
    YC Condos 4.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 507
That podium looks like utter trash so far. It's not even a large part of building, but is a main focal point for those walking past. The amount of spandrel, mullions and grey upon grey is overwhelming. Could they not invest a little effort or money on this podium. I'm guessing they just don't care. They could have used black mullions to frame those orange panels to give it some contrast from the rest of the podium.

Last edited:
That podium looks like utter trash so far. It's not even a large part of building, but is a main focal point for those walking past. The amount of spandrel, mullions and grey upon grey is overwhelming. Could they not invest a little effort or money on this podium. I'm guessing they just don't care. They could have used black mullions to frame those orange panels to give it some contrast from the rest of the podium.
Completely agree!

Don't mind the tower, at least they're trying. The podium is unbelievably ugly. I'm not sure it could get any worse. Perhaps a concrete bird crap encrusted cube would have been worse.

Is there any reason why judgement of the podium can't be held off until the expanse of orange is completed along the Yonge Street frontage?

Is there any reason why judgement of the podium can't be held off until the expanse of orange is completed along the Yonge Street frontage?
We've already seen enough to know that the podium is pure and utter trash. This sounds more of the talk 3-4 months ago on this thread when I said the podium already looks like it's a mess, and some people were saying "it's too early, just wait until more of the materials have been put into place".

The podium is so in-cohesive and messy, there's no need to even go into analysis here.

During the windstorm, I saw large sheets of tarps flying around. They looked like they came from construction sites (used to protect floors that are not sealed yet). I was worried they would fall on someone's windscreen as they're driving and cause an accident. Luckily, there was no report of such accidents, but sadly the storm did claim this victim downtown and 3 others (non-construction related) in Milton and Hamilton.

Back