World on Yonge | ?m | 31s | Liberty Development | Kirkor Architects

SP!RE

°°°°°°
Member Bio
Reaction score
Awful in just about every way. Also, who thought that podium design would be remotely acceptable? Doesn't look like something that was designed for people.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I can't understand why they bothered to plunk condos on top of the office building. It looks so stupid and out of place. They should have just moved that density to the other buildings. Which aren't that bad actually.
It's actually planned as a hotel.

SixPoints

Member Bio
Reaction score
With a podium like that... Yonge/Sheppard possibly. It looks to me like a project you might see in Southcore, Liberty Village or maybe even Humber Bay. Thankfully, we don't see podiums like this on downtown Yonge.

TJ O'Pootertoot

Member Bio
Reaction score
The shops are starting to open, though there's obviously a lot of construction going on.
The first tenants are some nail salon and a clothing store called BLK Sheep. I recall hearing Galleria was moving back in there but I don't know if that's true. I also don't know how many customers these guys are getting since they don't really look open but someone has to be a pioneer, I guess.

taal

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ah, does have a little bit of an Aura basement feel ... not as bad of course ... I really hate these large enclosed mini-malls though.

modernizt

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good Lord, could they have created something more bland and sterile if they tried?! The towers are bad enough, but the podium and interior look horrendous.

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
when the grocery store anchor tenant opens up at the bottom floor of the atrium the place will be lively ... just like Loblaws @ Empress Walk in NYCC