Markham World on Yonge | ?m | 31s | Liberty Development | Kirkor Architects

Nice photos. I think this will end up better than most have been predicting.

lipstick on a pig to say the least ; - )

I agree it helps a little, but this entire thing is a write off .. the office component is the worst by far.

The balcony glass has definitely helped brighten this one up.

I've got to say (and I'm surprised these words are actually coming out of my mouth) but I think they might have just rescued this. It's never going to be a masterpiece, but it's suddenly a lot more pleasing to the eye.

The balconies definitely help a lot, but the building will feel more matte than it should have been. Bluer and more reflective panels would have blended in perfectly with the glass.

Anyways, still looking forward to the revitalizing effects this building will have on its surroundings.

From Today. Didn't get a picture of it, but the pedestrian bridge over the E/W CN lines here is still intact, although the railings are solid rust and all the lights dont have bulbs. there is rusted welded shut gate on the south side that says "caution, bridge not maintained", even tho it is a very rich plaza with many stores and even a red lobster. I really hope they will rehab the bridge, as yonge here is a complete disaster of noise and pollution and the bridge lets you feel like you are in a ravine because of the trees on either side of the tracks. I wonder if its owned by CN or CP?
IMG_0420.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 784
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 787
From Today. Didn't get a picture of it, but the pedestrian bridge over the E/W CN lines here is still intact, although the railings are solid rust and all the lights dont have bulbs. there is rusted welded shut gate on the south side that says "caution, bridge not maintained", even tho it is a very rich plaza with many stores and even a red lobster. I really hope they will rehab the bridge, as yonge here is a complete disaster of noise and pollution and the bridge lets you feel like you are in a ravine because of the trees on either side of the tracks. I wonder if its owned by CN or CP?
That sign has been there since at least the mid-90s. Not sure who owns the bridge or if there any plans for it.

Appears that even for an aesthetically challenged firm like Kirkor, the further they are from urbanity the less they try to design something presentable.

August 8, 2013:

Thanks for the update. I can't understand why they bothered to plunk condos on top of the office building. It looks so stupid and out of place. They should have just moved that density to the other buildings. Which aren't that bad actually.

Why ? I like the idea ... but the execution is terrible, that is one ugly office building ! Most 905 office buildings (and 416 to be honest) a re bland but use what resembles very high quality floor to ceiling glass panes, not the case here.

Any way, the real problem with this development is it will add just about 0 life to Yonge ... its what I like to call a "fortress" development - all the action is deep within its belly.

Now on Yonge this is fine, but I hope there aren't too many other developments that take this form.

Back