Toronto Worklofts + Flatiron Lofts in the Film District | ?m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Passed by the site today. This thing is a beauty. A lot of the windows are up now. Surprised it doesn't get as much love as other projects on here. I simply love this thing.

It is indeed a great project, and will do wonders to liven up an area that is still barely post-industrial.

We'll try to get the pair a little more love: we have a new dataBase entry here. In the meantime, those who live nearby, please feel free to add photos more often!!

Pics courtesy of AndrewJM3D at SSC
July 14th

1545644-T800600.jpg

1545645-T800600.jpg

1545646-T800600.jpg

1545647-T800600.jpg

1545648-T800600.jpg

1545649-T800600.jpg

While I love the brick, are we looking at yet another trend where all the developers start using the exact materials in all their new projects?

AWESOME traffic tie-up!

These sites are so tight that trucks need to park on Carlaw to offload, now that Flatiron is up to grade. (The railway right of way gives them a little space, but not much). Today they were offloading new hoarding for the Flatiron site (I think) on both sides of the road AND a film crew was setting up a major shoot of some kind just south in the northbound curb lane! My bus driver was wincing already -- he's going to have a bad day. Sucks when you know that at 7am...

Flatiron should be into the air this week, I think.

This is looking really good, although I thought they were using red brick, not black. It's still nice anyway. Maybe Flatiron will be red, or this one will be using some red on the upper floors.

Anyway, with those windows on the Carlaw side this building reminds me of Victory condos.

This is looking really good, although I thought they were using red brick, not black. It's still nice anyway. Maybe Flatiron will be red, or this one will be using some red on the upper floors.

Anyway, with those windows on the Carlaw side this building reminds me of Victory condos.

So I'm not going crazy. I could have sworn that red brick was going to be used as well.

Edit: I went by today to take a better look. This thing is striking in person. I really like it. Flatiron building is at grown level although on the north side it's a good 3-4 levels below ground. Weird that they built it like that...but I guess it has to do with how unique the floorplate is. Really excited to see this project go up.

Last edited:
Yah - while the downtown West End loses all of its warehouses, the East End has become the Land of Suprisingly Nice Mid-Rises.

What's with the Lamb love-fest?

Yah - while the downtown West End loses all of its warehouses, the East End has become the Land of Suprisingly Nice Mid-Rises.

I don't understand the pro-Lamb thrust of this thread. Are you paid operatives or do you just have some kind of fetish for modernistic crap? These glass and steel towers are totally out of keeping with the neighbourhood, will loom over gorgeous Victorian and Edwardian homes and vintage industrial buildings, degrade the green canopy and overwhelm TTC services (not to mention the traffic disruption and belching dust for years on end during the construction phase), all so Mr. Lamb and his ilk can line their pockets before moving on to the next gentrifying pocket with a misguided councillor. Bleh.

Modernistic crap? I think these buildings look great, and the brick podiums provide a familiar medium to the existing buildings. Would faux-historic crap be more appropriate to match the old warehouses, or do you prefer an empty lot (or w/e was there before)? If anything, this enhances the streetcape of the neighbourhood. I haven't heard such a strong biased, NIMBY-istic rant in a while.

Back