Toronto Worklofts + Flatiron Lofts in the Film District | ?m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

According to Statistics Canada, anything 5 storeys or over is considered high-rise.

Anyway, I drive by the site every day and really hope it gets built, 12 storeys is not too high and it should really add some life to a corner in need of it, that gas station is a really hideous eyesore.

Once this goes in, it will be a precedent for 12-storeys right up Carlaw to Riverdale Ave. where, of course, it will abruptly stop as the leafy infuence of 'prime' Riverdale makes itself felt.

I'm sorry man, but this would totally be the best street in as you call it "Leslieville", to put a 12 story tower. There is adequate public transit, good infrastructure to handle the increased density and it's a renewed area that is benefiting from gentrification.

I also don't think it would go all the way up to Riverdale avenue. The highest it could realistically go up Carlaw would be up to the CN Rail Bridge just before Gerrard. It wouldn't fit into the area's plans and city council would probaly turn the proposal down.

And...ahem it's South Riverdale.

You're all nuts. It is now, and will always be, South Willowdale.

South Riverdale??? The debate over South Riverdale vs. Leslieville has been over for 10 years. Anyone who doesn't know this intersection is Leslieville can't possibly live in the area, which is what I suspected of those pumping the height on this building.

I found this nice, juicy render on TOBuilt...I'm not sure why Archivist didn't post it earlier...

FlatironLoftsR1.jpg

They certainly build by-the-floor in Lima, Peru. If they can do it...

156927347_f62e1487b0_b.jpg

What if BJL (and others) sold and built buildings by the floor? So, if this building is 50% sold, build the first 6 floors and add the others later as sales pick up.

But in the future, why not sell by the floor, instead of by the unit?

Because living under a construction site would be dangerous?

Back