Toronto Whitehaus Condominiums | 107.28m | 31s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

Reddish-brown cladding to the top isn't necessary IMO. If they went with a proper white tone and more articulate spandrel arrangement like the U of T: Woodsworth College student residences, instead of the mint toothpaste we ended up getting, then this would have been a much better looking finished product.

Does anyone know which store or what will open on the ground floor of the building?

Sunset views
73363DC5-65EC-499F-8F57-9BE71FCE99E9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reddish-brown cladding to the top isn't necessary IMO. If they went with a proper white tone and more articulate spandrel arrangement like the U of T: Woodsworth College student residences, instead of the mint toothpaste we ended up getting, then this would have been a much better looking finished product.

I mean, aA > DSAI...

I'm not feeling optimistic at all by any retail in this project...but we'll see I guess. The tower is a letdown, so is the podium by some means...I honestly prefer the site before this. The homes behind the plaza were rather nice, albeit a bit plain in detail. I think I'd have been more supportive of this project if the sidewalks were really pulled back...creating patio space for retail or something along those lines.

A lot of the retail remains unleased in the podium here, possibly even all of it. Quite the stark contrast when compared with the Art Shoppe condos a few blocks south:

Maybe they should stick Subway, GameStop and that Tex-Mex eatery they had back in there.

I got my Burning Crusade expansion for World of Warcraft from there. I remember waiting in the big line up just before the midnight bell tolled on the respective release date. Fun times. Fun memories...

...now all buried under a nondescript brown and white spamdrel condo having difficulty attracting any retail. /le sigh

This tower is a perfect illustration for the 3 Little Pigs fairytale.

It's like the more you look up, the worse this project gets. The podium looks sharp made from stone, the middle section looks cheap like sticks, and the entire tower looks like straw type cladding is going to blow away by one huff and puff.

The retail podium concept just feels overblown to me with this project. It turned out just as I thought...a poorly scaled, bloated boxy space jutting out of a clunky podium. I too like the colour (The north and south sides need a mural), but this project should've been refined more.
I prefer the old plaza here instead...granted, yes, like anything else, it had issues.

Back