Toronto Westlake | 153.31m | 48s | Onni Group | P + S / IBI

There are no words of the groundbreaking on Onni's website or Westlake's. I just stood in front of the site and everything looks the same including the backhoe that was there since demolition.

There are no words of the groundbreaking on Onni's website or Westlake's. I just stood in front of the site and everything looks the same including the backhoe that was there since demolition.

Who knows Filip, I was just quoting @msdfraser who on Friday posted the following on twitter...

"On my way to the @onnigroup #westlake groundbreaking with @SusanLegge #Toronto. Another crane in the sky!
16 Sep via Twitter for BlackBerry®"

She is an executive with The Condo Guide....

Who knows Filip, I was just quoting @msdfraser who on Friday posted the following on twitter...

"On my way to the @onnigroup #westlake groundbreaking with @SusanLegge #Toronto. Another crane in the sky!
16 Sep via Twitter for BlackBerry®"

She is an executive with The Condo Guide....

You're right, things are visibly different today. There's a shoring rig and two more excavators.

Is 10 Parklawn a part of this Project and will Tower 1 be built there?

I always thought that 10 Park Lawn was part of 2200 Lake Shore Blvd. which is where Onni is building its 4 towers...dont exactly know where tower 1 is located.

No ... 10 Parklawn is not part of the lands to be developed for the 3-tower Westlake project (which will occupy ONLY 2200 Lake Shore) ... however, the builder of Westlake also owns this adjacent property @ 10 Parklawn, the City has an expectation that the existing 3 storey office will be redeveloped to some sort of mid-rise (10s?) office building, this is in fact shown on Onni's own master plan for this property:

Just came across this 'master plan' for Onni's Westlake lands, it appears that the original scheme at least was to built a 10 storey office building on the 10 Park Lawn site:

Westlake_overall.jpg

Source: http://onni.com/pdf/corporate_brochure.pdf

Updated Context Plan:
parklawnarea.jpg

Found this early conceptual East Elevation (facing Parklawn) based on Onni's original overall masterplan for these lands (pre height increase for Westlake) ... note the 10s office building shown on the right (or north end of the site known as 10 Parklawn):

Westlake_overall_east.jpg

Source: http://onni.com/pdf/corporate_brochure.pdf

October 05 shots

Shoring is taking place in the north-west corner and moving south
6234707120_12c6644773_b.jpg

6234702298_ab48b20213_b.jpg

6234702978_786eff4686_b.jpg

6234145259_8cb89fdfe0_b.jpg

At least. It's possible that it might open before the condos on the site, but not likely by a significant amount. If you're a local, you're likely going to have to go further afield for your groceries for two or three years.

That Metro can't open soon enough. I'm also curious if the rumours about an LCBO and Shoppers are true, as both are at the Queensway strip mall not too far away, by car that is. It's exciting to have all these amenities in an urban setting and only 5 mins walk from your front door. I'd much rather walk to do groceries, and do them more often, rather than load the car with nuclear war-like provisions every few weeks.

Nov 15:
The shoring is done on the west side with 75% on the east side. None along the other ends.

A load of steel arrived well there and some real big and heavy ones. Most of the beams are from the US mills due to the sizes not roll in Canada. 36WF, 24WF@250 and all 65' long except the 36 at 40'.
6349027937_b827b65419_b.jpg

6349756754_425274af38_b.jpg

6349764918_99c9491881_b.jpg

Just found this rendering (which apparently hasn't been posted yet). This should give a more accurate depiction of how the glass will turn out.

167854_10150097925609243_175451564242_6077492_7607560_n.jpg

That Metro can't open soon enough. I'm also curious if the rumours about an LCBO and Shoppers are true, as both are at the Queensway strip mall not too far away, by car that is. It's exciting to have all these amenities in an urban setting and only 5 mins walk from your front door. I'd much rather walk to do groceries, and do them more often, rather than load the car with nuclear war-like provisions every few weeks.

Agree! Here's hoping we get a warm, "market" type Metro, similar to the Sobeys we have.

Back