Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

26 September 2009 photo update

God I hate this clunker of a building! But I still photographed it.:)

dsc08949h.jpg

Phase two moving up fast:

dsc08953k.jpg

Noticed the other day that they've started painting the 'brick' spandrels a sort of bronzey colour. You can just make it out in the first pic above.

Note to Urbandreamer

Just wanted to say that I think you're a nasty, rude and uncouth person. I guess your Mother never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Everyone gets it that you hate this building and that's your opinion, but enough is enough. We don't need to keep hearing it over and over and over. Why don't you find a building that you like and spend your time over there...A lot of people like this building and if you don't then LEAVE and don't waste your time here. I'm sick of hearing your negative comments.

Still loving this building personally! It's a nice change from the rest. Go clunker go! :)

I don't have high hopes for the retail, and that means this whole stretch is a write off in terms of that ... the rest of the buildings have a bank / no retail as far as I'm aware it's extremely disappointing and I'm not sure why the city let them get away with it.

Hold on a minute...

While I don't agree with his opinion of the building, he does have the right to voice his displeasure here, on as many occasions as he likes. As long as he doesn't start with personal attacks and insults thrown at other members then he should be able to say over and over again that he hates this building.

If you get tired of hearing his repeated hate against the building then just skip over his post.

I don't have high hopes for the retail, and that means this whole stretch is a write off in terms of that ... the rest of the buildings have a bank / no retail as far as I'm aware it's extremely disappointing and I'm not sure why the city let them get away with it.

Because it's Toronto?

As far as I know, it's difficult to create legislation to ensure that QUALITY retail is opened places early on in the development of an area. Especially amidst the flood of developments always going through review/approvals processes at city hall (Maybe we should hire more people for the city staff?)

I think it's safe to say that in the future, the neighbourhood will have developed quite a bit, and there will be more, and better (and more diverse types of) retail. I have to believe that's what will happen in the area.

It's a process similar to the one ProjectEnd mentioned in the Maple Leaf Square thread, with regards to the new Financial District South area.

As far as I know, it's difficult to create legislation to ensure that QUALITY retail is opened places early on in the development of an area. Especially amidst the flood of developments always going through review/approvals processes at city hall (Maybe we should hire more people for the city staff?)

I think it's safe to say that in the future, the neighbourhood will have developed quite a bit, and there will be more, and better (and more diverse types of) retail. I have to believe that's what will happen in the area.

It's a process similar to the one ProjectEnd mentioned in the Maple Leaf Square thread, with regards to the new Financial District South area.

Good point SP!RE, if we can't at least hope, then all is truly lost for Toronto. We are a bit hit and miss now, but once we see the positive effects of the hits and the disastrous failures of the misses, we should be (more) on track.

(Maybe we should hire more people for the city staff?)

Oh please, no more city staff! :eek:

I too think it's a development process. As the neighbourhood grows, so too will services and retail.

Maybe the city is aiming for retail along the new internal streets in this area? Not that I have heard anything, so that is merely speculation. Maybe Lake Shore is considered too much of a freeway for it to be a palatable walking street. Goodness knows that once the area is full of condos that more than just a Loblaws at the NE corner of Lake Shore and Bathurst will be required.

Sales for WHC Phase 1

So, is WHC phase 1 fully sold out? Did anybody recently purchase in there? If so, may I ask what prices were like?
Was somebody looking to get in but the units were all sold out or whatever was left was no good?
Also, what is WHC phase 2 looking like? Sold out?

Jack

God I hate this clunker of a building! But I still photographed it.:)

Totally disagree with you on this one and would like to see more like it else where, even taller. I love the north view best of all.

It better than a lot of others that are plain Square box and no class as well glass.

It all boils down to the eye of the viewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally disagree with you on this one and would like to see more like it else where, even taller. I love the north view best of all.

It better than a lot of others that are plain Square box and no class as well glass.

It all boils down to the eye of the viewer.

I totally agree with you drum118 ... WHC is a great looking building :D

Back