Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Hello all,

I'm a buyer with phase 1 and had a question that I'm not to sure how. Do we acrue interest on the downpayment for the unit we purchased? The builder has had a chunk of change for at least 3 years now and I'm wondering if that grows a bit or do we get nothing?

Thank you,

Jack

I think if EV for the project failed and you pulled your money out you would get a small amount of interest on your money. If your purchase agreement goes ahead I cannot see them giving you more for your downpayment than the actual dollar value. Not sure though!

I think if EV for the project failed and you pulled your money out you would get a small amount of interest on your money. If your purchase agreement goes ahead I cannot see them giving you more for your downpayment than the actual dollar value. Not sure though!

They have to pay you interest on your down payment but I wouldn't expect much 0.25% or something like that.

It's starting to look a little like Chicago down here:

3843624709_636b76b734_o.jpg

3843624605_cdf1d9cd5a_o.jpg

3843624441_14825ec7b5_o.jpg

Phase 2:

3844413914_dc3d7dc6de_o.jpg

Nice pics guys...thanks!

Was at the sales centre today, looks like they are trying to wrap this whole thing up. Very few suites left in both phases...

Daily Commercial News

Could this be the first sign of the next phases for West Harbour City ? :eek:

Blocks 4, 4a, and 6 are lands north of WHC 2 and LTD respectively, as shown in the below map
(source: City of Toronto, Fort York Master Plan)

FortYork_blocks.jpg

RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT, RETAIL
Proj: 9095971-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
Fort York Neighbourhood, Block 4, 4a & Block 6, South of Fort York Blvd, W of Bathurst St, Iannuzzi St, M5S
$30,000,000 est

Note: This project is extremely preliminary. The project scope is undefined. Owner expects schedules for design, tender and construction may be set Spring/Summer, 2010. Further update at that time.

Project: proposed construction of a high density residential development. The development may include construction of condominium apartment buildings and townhouses. Adjacent amenity buildings with retail and restaurant spaces may also be included.

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls; Restaurants

First report Fri Feb 13, 2009.
This report Tue Aug 25, 2009.

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=148524d61522ebe794e25ff3399f8fee9dbfe96b&projectid=9095971&region=ontario

City Planning Final Report

More news on Block 6 ... could this block really be West Habour City 3 ?? :D

For consideration by Toronto and East York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

A zoning by-law amendment application has been filed proposing the removal of the holding symbol (“hâ€) from the CR (Commercial Residential) zoning on the southerly portion of Block 6 in the Fort York Neighbourhood (“FYNâ€) (see attachement 1). The southerly portion of Block 6 is municipally known as 75 Iannuzzi Street. The removal of the holding symbol will permit a mix of commercial and residential development to proceed.

This report reviews the applicable Official Plan policies and recommends approval of the application to amend Zoning By-law No. 351-2006 (OMB), as amended, to remove the holding symbol and associated provisions applicable to Block 6.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-23066.pdf

Could this be the first sign of the next phases for West Harbour City ? :eek:

Blocks 4, 4a, and 6 are lands north of WHC 2 and LTD respectively, as shown in the below map
(source: City of Toronto, Fort York Master Plan)

FortYork_blocks.jpg

RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT, RETAIL
Proj: 9095971-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED
Fort York Neighbourhood, Block 4, 4a & Block 6, South of Fort York Blvd, W of Bathurst St, Iannuzzi St, M5S
$30,000,000 est

Note: This project is extremely preliminary. The project scope is undefined. Owner expects schedules for design, tender and construction may be set Spring/Summer, 2010. Further update at that time.

Project: proposed construction of a high density residential development. The development may include construction of condominium apartment buildings and townhouses. Adjacent amenity buildings with retail and restaurant spaces may also be included.

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls; Restaurants

First report Fri Feb 13, 2009.
This report Tue Aug 25, 2009.

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=148524d61522ebe794e25ff3399f8fee9dbfe96b&projectid=9095971&region=ontario

I'm guessing the Garrison Sewer follows the old path of Garrison Creek. Imagine what it would be like if such a creek ran through the neighbourhood?

WHC and the Airshow

Thought I'd post a picture I took yesterday afternoon during the air show. Windows are almost complete in Phase I. I can see Phase II is almost at 10 stories now. Walking by the other day, it struck me how much smaller Phase II is shaping up to be than Phase I. (This isn't meant as a negative - just an observation...)

Attachments

• WHC.jpg
    WHC.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 270
WHC Phase 1-remaining units

Hello,

Anybody still out there looking to purchase in phase 1? Do you know if there are any 1 bedroom + den suites still left? I'm wondering if they have any left.

Jack

Last edited:
There are probably about 20 or so left, mostly on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Thanks for the photo update drum118!

Back