Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Re: the towers.

I'm still curious if Concord is self-deluded enough to think that this is a great product they're putting together here ("for the money, it's a great offering" lol) or if they are fully cognizant that this is an absolute pile.

They likely talk themselves into believing they've done a wonderful job is they can do their sell job. Meanwhile there's no way in hell they'd live in cheap piece of junk like this or let anyone they know do the same.

Today

65875E4C-D0C6-4471-9FA2-FC59822BC892.jpeg

764D1BA5-1512-41AB-8745-A157975E4CA2.jpeg

95EC49D9-C6C7-472E-99F5-A2B6135EB6B9.jpeg

CA44B1D0-4FA7-4431-A968-2702E170BEE8.jpeg

B0984914-D9DA-4747-A0E0-989FD98B1F96.jpeg

*Closes his eyes and counts to 10 to hope that these buildings will magically disappear from the landscape*

Nope they're still here, and will be a blight on our sights for the next 50+ years. Sigh

I don't even know where to begin with these towers. It looks like Concord has given up on putting in a bit of effort into design/quality and is building the bare minimum. What's with the frit pattern on the podium glass? There's no correlation between that and what's happening above. I'm amazed that they have the confidence to proudly hang their signs on the sides of the towers.

Their entire development around this block is cheap, low-quality, and has poor design. Everything from their branding of the site, tacky show centre, and cheap-ass public space (in front of their own storefront and at 38 Dan Leckie Way) is creating really unenjoyable spaces to spend time in. They're ruining the urban landscape in Vancouver too and I've had it with this group of "developers". Time to wait and see how long it is before a section of window wall is blown off another one of their projects.

Concord Adex is the worst thing to happen to the downtown core in the last 15-20 years. Most builders improve and evolve over time. They go backwards. They're building crap like this in 2019. Wow.

I'm actually terrified to think about what Canada House, the signature project of the development, is going to look like. They've regressed this far - Is it possible to get any worse?

Anyone know how many more floors until topping out?

Good Luck on that !
I don't think many people on UT are really excited to know when this horrible thing will top out. I personally hope something blocks it out from the waterfront views

Good Luck on that !
I don't think many people on UT are really excited to know when this horrible thing will top out. I personally hope something blocks it out from the waterfront views
Ugh?, many here couldn't care less how it looks up there but how it will look like by the street,
.. pedestrians, retail, office, seems to be a pretty exciting thing that will happen @ this bleak intersection

Back