Toronto West Block Est. 1928, The LakeShore, and The LakeFront | 130.75m | 41s | Choice Properties | a—A

Does anyone have a date for the LCBO opening?

Sat Oct 24, 2020

Was by yesterday. No specific date on signage. Shelves are installed. Should be soon.

638981FD-10E7-4FA1-AE5A-32C5648D24D4.jpeg

679A8F39-0F64-49E4-9896-A860DDEE395E.jpeg

Good location for LCBO. I couldn't imagine any other retailer wanting to be under that hideous looking section of the Gardiner. Alcohol drinkers don't care i suspect.

Canada's largest liquor store (by sales IIRC) is underneath a freight railway line with much less clearance and far more noise (but less frequent). Don't know about other retail, but this LCBO will not fail because of Gardiner.

Canada's largest liquor store (by sales IIRC) is underneath a freight railway line with much less clearance and far more noise (but less frequent). Don't know about other retail, but this LCBO will not fail because of Gardiner.
I assume you are referring to the Yonge & Summerhill one?

Good luck to the city when they have to repair the Gardiner along this stretch. Should be a very interesting time.

Good luck to the city when they have to repair the Gardiner along this stretch. Should be a very interesting time.
That's my thought too but then I realize how this city issues building permits so I'm guessing it's all accounted for ? :oops:

The dilapidated Gardiner overtly crumbling, peeling, and falling apart overtop of and around new development is hilarious. What a symbol of Toronto, our political culture's bare-minimum mentality, and our leadership's lack of courage. Since we're stuck with it, I fully support building up to and under the Gardiner to urbanize the area, connect it together, and make it less hostile, but it really does lead to comical contrasts.

Back