Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

My turn; photos taken August 31st, 2021:

1630455781550.png

1630455809404.png

1630455832053.png

Can we please talk about why Corten is way over used?; Also that this is a type of application in dire need of a re-think!

1630455908498.png

1630455936487.png

From the south now:

1630455974283.png

1630455993534.png

1630456009486.png

1630456035170.png

The colour scheme is so outdated.
The example of the cup above seems to be more aqua blue, violet and purple on white, where as this park is more teal and white.

That said, while I am not personal fan of this colour scheme...I am not sure how it's "dated". It seems one of those "you like it or you don't". Least it's not Toronto grey and white.

I walked by earlier and they've installed the pavers for at least some of the pathways today, including the entire Wellesley frontage and the central pathway. Looked like there was still some work to do around the edges, but the majority of it is done. Unfortunately didn't grab any photos as I wasn't sure how recently the work was done 🙃

I walked by earlier and they've installed the pavers for at least some of the pathways today, including the entire Wellesley frontage and the central pathway. Looked like there was still some work to do around the edges, but the majority of it is done. Unfortunately didn't grab any photos as I wasn't sure how recently the work was done 🙃

Phew - was worried that they'd VE to cast in place concrete.

AoD

Today. The pavers on the Wellesley forecourt.

View attachment 349157

Ahem...........

Using a Leaf Blower to push vast amounts of dust on your freshly in the ground plants?

Not good for them......

How about a commercial grade vacuum to suck up the dust, instead of moving it around?

Then, if needed, wash surface with a sponge!

Ahem...........

Using a Leaf Blower to push vast amounts of dust on your freshly in the ground plants?

Not good for them......

How about a commercial grade vacuum to suck up the dust, instead of moving it around?

Then, if needed, wash surface with a sponge!
Yes it was extremely dusty. That was pretty much the only angle where I could get a decent shot - further east the shots would've been obscured by dust.

Back