Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

It's also curious to see an excavation that close to the lake on infill ground. I wish them all the best in terms of avoiding leakage issues and possibly flooding. Many buildings along Queen's Quay don't have underground parking and some which do are prone to flooding, like the Loblaws garage.

I believe Loblaws parking lot flooding was a result of storm drains and nothing to do with its proximity to the lake. The storm drains were re-done last year and ever since it has been dry following heaving rain.

I believe Loblaws parking lot flooding was a result of storm drains and nothing to do with its proximity to the lake. The storm drains were re-done last year and ever since it has been dry following heaving rain.

You are correct, Waterfront Toronto also installed new storm drains on QQ last year too and the City are about to start a big project to connect the QQ sanitary sewer to the Scott Street pumping station - by putting new sewers onto The Esplanade, Lower Jarvis and QQ itself.

It's good to hear new storm drains will reduce the likelihood of flooding at Loblaws. Nonetheless, that excavation still looks sketchy being so close to the lake. There are plenty of condos with ground water leak issues in their parking garages amounting to costly maintenance.

Certainly living by the lake - which demands a premium for the views - also presents construction challenges. Those wishing to take advantage of the spectacular setting should be prepared for the expanse of maintaining pumps in the garages.

i hate pier 27's location... love the buiulding mind you................wish that opera house with the nice park went here..... too bad... at the foot of the longest street in the world and the biggest city in canada right on the water....this wouldve been the best location for that opera house and park.

The one positive is the city traded some land so that on the corner of Queens Quay and Yonge they have piece and can do with it as they please.

This is the one area that I wish the city would fill in the Quay and extend the land past the Harbour Castle. Then of course, build something iconic and amazing. (museum, art gallery or other major attraction) Captain John's can park their ship somewhere else.

Captain John's can park their ship somewhere else.

Couldn't agree with you more... I've been there once only because I had a coupon for buy 1 get 1 to give it a try, but never again.... wouldn't even recommend it for my worst enemy... the place is horrible... I'm surprized they survived this long.

from today
2011016035.jpg

I think that might be the largest dig in the city right now, at least in terms of site size. Those diggers just look like micro machines. ;) Nice pics!!

Back