Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

I really wish they'd pick up the pace here!

I just walked past the site and they are doing a little excavating to put in the 'tie back rods" (or whatever they are called). The site is being de-watered and is certianly still very wet so they may be waiting for more dewatering and freezing to occur so that the earth (actually mud) is easier to remove.

My last update for the day:

5132161836_36139e6a2e_b.jpg

5131671841_52c79e7a46_b.jpg

Last edited:
Question: Did The Toronto Star building remove the "The" when they rebranded to Toronto Star? Or did the logo on the building always just say "Toronto Star"?

Though keep in mind that they actually rebranded from the Toronto Daily Star around this time (and more or less coinciding with the Tely going under)

Thanks for the photo tour JZ!

It is unbelievable how many projects are under excavation. The next 2-3 years will be exciting.

It's also curious to see an excavation that close to the lake on infill ground. I wish them all the best in terms of avoiding leakage issues and possibly flooding. Many buildings along Queen's Quay don't have underground parking and some which do are prone to flooding, like the Loblaws garage.

Back