Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

September 9th:

2l5iN.jpg

aJrpX.jpg

Thanks for the updates. They will be working on the next sky bridge very soon. Also, completion date is just around the corner, Sometime early next year.

Pictures taken 12 November 2012

I took these because I was struck on how much access, both visually and physically, this development will give the public to the water's edge.

IMG_1425_1_1-XL.jpg

IMG_1428_1_1-X2.jpg

IMG_1429_1_1-X2.jpg

I really hope that when they do re-purpose the parking lots near gardiner they will opt to go for parks rather than more condos...imagine a wall of shiny blue or green glass as you go down gardiner (worse than it is today)...Who would want to visit the waterfront then? Even with all the work to beautify it.

^^

There are parks in the area such as Sherbourne common, Underpass, plus the walkways along the water. There needs to be more reasons for people to visit this area, it needs more people not grass.
Cars going by on the expressway will not be visiting the waterfront, they are rushing by to somewhere else and should be watching where they are driving not gazing out over the lake. This is the same old tired argument that the condos are cutting off access to the lake, they don't do any such thing, they only cut off the view for drivers on the highway, not pedestrians walking to and along the lake.

Back