Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

I have to say I really preferred the Diamond & Schmitt proposal.

What's here isn't bad, but their proposal had a certain presence I feel this one lacks.

I like the Snohetta-inspired part, but something just doesn't hang together with this. It's me perhaps, but as an entirety the work doesn't have cohesiveness.

Looking at UT from Barcelona.

Sounds like another white elephant like MaRS... Waterfront Toronto is another boondoggle in the making.

Look past all the buzz words and this is just more expensive office space aimed at start-ups. Makes no sense and I don't think it gets built.

Because Waterfront Toronto owns the land.

Excess of commercial real estate? is that why there is more office space under construction downtown today than ever before in the Cities history?

Because Waterfront Toronto owns the land.

Excess of commercial real estate? is that why there is more office space under construction downtown today than ever before in the Cities history?

Exactly, so it's taxpayer subsidized because Menkes got it for less than market value.

You just proved my point on why there is an excess of commercial real estate...

boondoggle
Makes no sense
Exactly, so it's taxpayer subsidized because Menkes got it for less than market value.
Wow, you are aggressively ignorant about this. WT hasn't sold the land to Menkes yet; they will do so, at market value, once Menkes has filled half the space. That information is readily available if you read any of the news stories about this project. But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of a nice little rant about government waste.

Last edited:
Wow, you are aggressively ignorant about this. WT hasn't sold the land to Menkes yet; they will do so, at market value, once Menkes has filled half the space. That information is readily available if you read any of the news stories about this project. But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of a nice little rant about government waste.

Lol how is it being sold for market value if only Menkes can buy it? They haven't even disclosed what it's being sold for.

Market value would be the price on the open market. When you restrict it to this RFP process, it is not market value. Market value is the highest bidder, not the highest bidder who participated in this RFP to build a specific type of office building.

I agree I want more details on this sale; This is good news if this was a market - value sale but I'm not so sure that was really the case; Maybe its better then Mars but how much so isn't clear unless the details are releases.
At this point I"m fairly confident there aren't any tenants lined up at all, so menkes would be taking a risk purchasing it, and it doesn't look like it'll be cheap to build.

Details would be welcome !

Back