Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

nope my date was pushed back again.. from the 14th to the 28th.. apparently there was an issue with providing water to the units.. i think this has been resolved now. im unclear whether compansation will be given for this additional delay.

Think you are entitled. I believe current rent expenses and food is capped at 150 per day, you need to prove other stuff like transportation cost difference due to the extra days, lost of possible income if you plan to rent stuff like that (I think not a lawyer :p)

That's too bad. Did your PDI go smoothly? What did you think of the "finished" product?
PDI went well, there are a few problems with my place; broken/cracked window, wrong shower head was installed, nail holes were showing on my kitchen cabinets.. really only small stuff.....anyone else have any issue with the PDI inspection?

Road forming is now taking place as well paver being laid between the building. Fence post are in place between the buildings and existing home.

Grey becoming the new colour for brick and precast panels these days.

The core machine on site for the next phase. More up on site.
20628682822_6daf12515d_b.jpg

20611571166_c91f4ff3e5_b.jpg

20611491236_aa01721d56_b.jpg

20628616522_7ea173b536_b.jpg

20637751195_4e9463a558_b.jpg

20449762220_436ecf961a_b.jpg

20615002206_b4cd462556_b.jpg

20641263175_1d903051ea_b.jpg

20018717814_083e5d434b_b.jpg

At the info session, they did a pretty thorough presentation and then there was an open forum Q&A.

The presentation was primarily what is and isn't covered under Tarion, what changes we can make in the first year, what to expect at the PDI, and info about common elements / home care.

Most useful in my book:
  • Visitor Parking will have 35 - 40 spots. You'll buzz visitors into the garage from either Stairwell 5 or from the actual ramp. Only one phone number can be used for the buzzer. The property manager will set this up
  • There is going to be a locked bike room in the underground parking lot! It will have bike racks for ~100 bikes. Nothing is assigned there - first come, first served.
  • Garbage chutes will be located at Block G and Block B
  • Unless there are unforeseen delays, they are pouring the new road (Sousa Mendes Street) and repositioning the Wallace stairs this week
  • The heating and cooling will be through Enercare. The furnaces are rentals. There is no hot water tank - instead, a boiler and storage tank for "on demand hot water". Rental fees are around $53 / month for this.
  • The AC condenser for the patio suites is actually located in the underground parking garage, so those patios won't be totally taken up (very exciting for us). The terrace suites will still have the AC condenser on their space.
  • The patios and terraces will all have connections for natural gas BBQs. Also, an electrical outlet and hose outlet.
They also provided a "Homeowners Manual" with some extracts from our agreement of purchase and sale (info like stuff on pets, and what we have to clean outside), and then maintenance tips for indoors. They also gave everyone a printed copied of the Tarion warranty for condos.

Let me know if you guys want to know more!

At the info session, they did a pretty thorough presentation and then there was an open forum Q&A.

The presentation was primarily what is and isn't covered under Tarion, what changes we can make in the first year, what to expect at the PDI, and info about common elements / home care.

Most useful in my book:
  • Visitor Parking will have 35 - 40 spots. You'll buzz visitors into the garage from either Stairwell 5 or from the actual ramp. Only one phone number can be used for the buzzer. The property manager will set this up
  • There is going to be a locked bike room in the underground parking lot! It will have bike racks for ~100 bikes. Nothing is assigned there - first come, first served.
  • Garbage chutes will be located at Block G and Block B
  • Unless there are unforeseen delays, they are pouring the new road (Sousa Mendes Street) and repositioning the Wallace stairs this week
  • The heating and cooling will be through Enercare. The furnaces are rentals. There is no hot water tank - instead, a boiler and storage tank for "on demand hot water". Rental fees are around $53 / month for this.
  • The AC condenser for the patio suites is actually located in the underground parking garage, so those patios won't be totally taken up (very exciting for us). The terrace suites will still have the AC condenser on their space.
  • The patios and terraces will all have connections for natural gas BBQs. Also, an electrical outlet and hose outlet.
They also provided a "Homeowners Manual" with some extracts from our agreement of purchase and sale (info like stuff on pets, and what we have to clean outside), and then maintenance tips for indoors. They also gave everyone a printed copied of the Tarion warranty for condos.

Let me know if you guys want to know more!

Thank Crazypeaches!

Did they mention:

- where in the underground the bike room will be located?
- whether there will be seperate chutes for garbage, recycling and organics?

Hey everyone - I'm a relatively new owner. Would someone be able to provide a direct contact at Torbel so I can get some additional info from them?
Many thanks!!

Hey guys guess what......another delay... gotta love torbel...

"We will be unable to provide Occupancy on the Firm Occupancy Date of August 28th, 2015. Please be advised that we hope Occupancy to take place on Friday September 4th, 2015 but we will continue to update you. As soon as we know the correct Occupancy date, we will provide you with notice.Please note that this delay is due to the connection of our gas services and is beyond our control. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

First it was the water connection so we couldnt move in on the 14th and was delayed till the 28th.. now its a gas issue so we are delayed till the 4th... so im homeless for a week.. great...

Hey guys guess what......another delay... gotta love torbel...

"We will be unable to provide Occupancy on the Firm Occupancy Date of August 28th, 2015. Please be advised that we hope Occupancy to take place on Friday September 4th, 2015 but we will continue to update you. As soon as we know the correct Occupancy date, we will provide you with notice.Please note that this delay is due to the connection of our gas services and is beyond our control. We apologize for any inconvenience. "

First it was the water connection so we couldnt move in on the 14th and was delayed till the 28th.. now its a gas issue so we are delayed till the 4th... so im homeless for a week.. great...

Sorry to hear that...

Back